Help request for year of a fire truck

Wheelmang

Serial Number 82528840
Year 1947
Make Dodge
Model WH-45,WH-46,WH-47,WH-48,WH-49,WHA-45,WHA-46,WHA-47,WHA-48,WHA-49,WHAX-45,WHAX-46,WHAX-47,WHAX-48,WHAX-49,WG-40,WG-41,WG-42,WG-43,WG-44,WGA-40,WGA-41,WGA-42,WGA-43,WGA-44,WGAX-40,WGAX-41,WGAX-42,WGAX-43,WGAX-44
Engine 250.6 Flathead Six
Wheelbase 136, 148, 160, 178, 200
Rating 1 1/2, 2 Ton
Engineering Code T120
Plant Detroit, Michigan
Build Number 9106
Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, stakeside said:

Where is this information located?

Same link that Reg provided in post #2. Just have to click around a bit to find other pieces of info.

http://www.t137.com/registry/help/partspages/SerialNumberGuide/index.html

http://www.t137.com/registry/help/decode.php

http://www.t137.com/registry/help/partspages/index.htm

9 hours ago, Wheelmang said:

I did not realize that Chrysler Corp continued utilizing the DB logo this long after the acquisition. When did they stop?

This may be a better question for the guys in the truck section but from what I could find in research was the "Job Rated" B series trucks ran from 1948-1953.... I'm guessing all Dodge trucks had ID tags with the  star logo until 1948. I believe Chrysler did not use the logo on any hood or radiator badges after 1938, never thought to double check to see about ID tags. After 38 trucks were labeled Dodge on the grill but again, never thought about ID tags.
Good question.

EDIT :

This may help. 

http://www.townwagon.com/3947registry/help/serialnumbertag.html

Reach out to Eric, he's always willing to help. He's the one that has done all the research for that particular era. Let me know if you need his email, I'll send it via PM if you need it. 

PICS of the truck when you get time and can you please let us know the wheelbase is? 

Dodge Brothers emblem was last used on 1938 trucks from what I found over the years.  I had a 1937 DB MC pickup for many years and the research I did indicated that 1938 was the end of the traditional DB emblem on the radiator emblem.

I’ve seen the old DB logo on a 1950 B series firewall ID plate I once had so I guess they continued its use for a long time after the logo disappeared on the front of cars and trucks.  I really like the job rated slogan they came up with after the 1930s.

• Like 1

The truck in at it's new home and it had a little brother come along with it. He also got a 1947, we think, dump truck in the deal. The only info on the dump truck so far is a Vin number of T120-89498. I did not see that series of numbers on any of the links and think Justin may have missed a couple digits. The thought is that the dump may serve as a donor vehicle for what ever the fire truck may need. 

Back to the original start of this post. The fire truck after setting for more than ten years still had the tires inflated. A few pictures follow. 

47 Dodge Fire Truck F.jpg

47 Dodge Fire Truck C.jpg

47 Dodge Fire Truck A.jpg

47 Dodge Fire Truck B.jpg

47 Dodge Fire Truck D.jpg

47 Dodge Fire Truck E.jpg

Nice .. love it ! Thanks for sharing...

Is some of the door paint from the original logo or FD still available ?

Is the choke knob and small escutcheon original ? It seems out of place for that year ? Not critiquing it, I'm just curious because I've been looking for one for my 30 for years and yours is the closest match I've seen for what I need. (hint hint.. ;)  )

Very cool truck and glad you guys are getting some answers and it sounds like you're getting a good start on it with a parts truck. 

Played with the logo a little and not a pretty picture but the lettering is a little more visible. Almost looks like a figure in the center of the picture but cannot tell what it is. Perhaps someone from Brookfield will have a copy of the original logos from 1947.

Bkfldlogo.jpg

Found a match.. maybe contact the FD or city to see if there are any records on file.

http://brookfieldfd.com/history/

Notes

1947        A Dodge/Farrar 500gpm pumper was purchased.

1952        A 1947 Dodge was purchased.  The ’37 Chevy was taken out of service. 

Big Dodge

big.dodge_.jpg

IN ACTION

Little Dodge

6 hours ago, 1947dodge! said:

yes there is but it is hard too read this truck was originally from a town here in mass called Brookfeild and it was a booster truck  it was Engine 2

Welcome to the board Justin. Thanks for sharing a very interesting piece of history with us.