kookie1

'37 Deluxe 6 Touring Sedan battery tray pix request

Does anyone have a picture of their battery tray, old or restored?    I want to fabricate a copy of the originally designed battery tray.

Thanks, in advance, for your time and effort!!

I've searched the web for '37 battery tray pix to no avail.    I guess being the battery rests under the floor few people would show that view.

Edited by kookie1 (see edit history)

HI M.,

No, haven't seen a pix of the tray yet.     Can't really blame anyone for not wanting to remove their battery just to take a pix of the tray for someone else.    I was hoping someone in the middle of a restoration would have taken a pix of their tray just to record it for a before and after record.    I do it all the time.    Makes it a lot easier later on to remember how everything goes back together.     I check here regularly but nothing yet.     Haven't given up hope yet!!   Ha!

Try and look for Gary W  in the Buick Pre War  section. He has pics of everything during his restore. Under the floor for buick  Pontiac  and Olds  are the same or very close.

Thanks Gary, I did have a look a while ago, in my initial search, at Gary W.'s battery tray.    His has bolt holes in the tray supports.   Mine have two, 2 inch slots on both sides of the supports.    Others have said Pontiac used these slots, at least on one side anyway, to hold short arms that stick through the slots of the battery tray.   The other two slots on the other side may have been used for bolts.   At least that would make sense since there is no reason for the slots because there's no reason to move the tray left or right between the supports.   Anyway, I'll keep looking for an original '37 Pontiac 6 battery tray pix.

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:16 AM, kookie1 said:

HI M.,

No, haven't seen a pix of the tray yet.     Can't really blame anyone for not wanting to remove their battery just to take a pix of the tray for someone else.    I was hoping someone in the middle of a restoration would have taken a pix of their tray just to record it for a before and after record.    I do it all the time.    Makes it a lot easier later on to remember how everything goes back together.     I check here regularly but nothing yet.     Haven't given up hope yet!!   Ha!

I WILL SEND YOU ONE TOMORROW NO PROBLEM.

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:16 AM, kookie1 said:

HI M.,

TOMORROW I WILL SEND ONE MORE DETAILED

TRAY.jpg

Thanks M. but I have the battery's floor plate and it looks exactly like yours.

I'm really interested in getting a look at the original '37 battery box the battery sits in.

20190110_171346.thumb.jpg.cd7b1ee4a7de63a747a05b44471b80c8.jpgSorry it took me so long to get you a picture but my car is in storage and I had someone take a picture for me

20190110_171417.jpg

HI M.,

Well, that person did a great job at taking a pix for you.   Your floor plate is pretty clean.   My cover plate was over-coated on top anyway, with something they sprayed over the entire floor as a rust preventative coating and it appears original whatever it is.    Thanks for getting at least those pix.    As I said earlier I want to reproduce an original looking battery box the battery sits in.    Is your battery box the original '37 box or do you think it was replaced sometime ago?    I'd like to see it someday if that's possible.   I understand it's in storage but if you could get a hold of a pix or two someday I'd appreciate it!