RM auction at Hershey

Joe in Canada

3 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Did anyone actually look at those Cord Cabriolets?  They look good in the one photo of each.  Seems they were selling for less than phaetons bring and usually cabriolets are more desirable.  Any thoughts?  

Black one was about as worn as a car can be. Green one was nicer but funky color, added rumble seat, seat cushions looked weird, almost like they can from another car, dash was a mess...

4 hours ago, alsancle said:

Black one was about as worn as a car can be. Green one was nicer but funky color, added rumble seat, seat cushions looked weird, almost like they can from another car, dash was a mess...

That helps explain it a bit.  I was thinking wow the value must really be tanking on them, but a 200K car that needs 80K worth of work selling for 120,  makes sense. 

55 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

That helps explain it a bit.  I was thinking wow the value must really be tanking on them, but a 200K car that needs 80K worth of work selling for 120,  makes sense. 

The black one had a mechanical shifter in place of the vacuum.  It was dinged and dented everywhere and when they went to drive it on the block it stalled at least 3 times driving it from the tent.   The other car was just odd in a number of ways.  I could see 120k for the black one and a bit more for the green one.