Sign in to follow this  
Laughing Coyote

What did you buy at Hershey this year?

14 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

I unfortunately didn't find anything for my cars/ truck that I was willing to pony up for.  I did buy 355 Pieces of literature for my business though with some being some pretty unusual pieces.  Also picked up a few parts.   This was the first year my literature far surpassed what I found in parts.  All in I spent about $1850 for the parts and literature. 

IMG_2474.JPG

IMG_2475.JPG

fullsizeoutput_9ec.jpeg

IMG_2477.JPG

Did the Chevrolet nose trim come from a "name your own price" table in the south east corner of the chocolate field? 

I can't remember.  I covered the whole show,   all be it very spotty on Tuesday looking fior open vendors knowing Thursday more than likely  was going to be a wash out.  That's when I bought it.  Later in the day. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

This year was simply amazing for me.  I needed to make up for last year when I was mending my broken leg and didn't get to see much of it, so was determined to cover as much as possible.  My best finds were actually on Thursday during the rain.  Vendors with covered spaces were eager to sell and I was braving the elements in search of great automobilia.  One of my best acquisitions this year was a superb early French bronze figurine of a lady in an early automobile.  I'm trying to research some history on it so any help would be appreciated.  One like it was sold at an auction in Germany in 2008 and it was listed as "Hulcan Trophy 1904/05 signed Hippolyte Francois Moreau"  Moreau was a French sculptor and supposedly the original trophy is in the National Motor Museum, Beaulieu.  Not sure how many of these bronze editions exist.  Found a bunch of great spark plugs for my collection, more pins and buttons, and another great early inkwell/pen-tray.  Already making off days on the calendar until next year.

Terry

Hershey Statue.jpg

Hershesy Find Lidded Candy or Tobacco Jar.jpg

Edited by Terry Bond (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here are a few more goodies I managed to bring home this year.  I've collected old duster and auto related buttons for a long time and this was the best I've ever found at Hershey.  The boxed set is only the second one I know of.  They are hand painted under glass and are quite small.  The last pic is a die-cut embossed calendar from 1909.  Amazing it has survived in such fine condition.  This year I also added a nice load of spark plugs to my collection including this set of four top-primer plugs.  Despite the Thursday rain, it was one of the best Hershey meets I've ever been to.

Jay wanted to stop for a photo but I was too busy treasure hunting!

Terry

Hershey Find Forum size Bronze car.jpg

Hershey Find Forum size button selection.jpg

Hershey Find Forum Size Button sest 1.jpg

Hershey Find forum size buttons.jpg

Hershey Find forum size Kissel button.jpg

Hershey Find forum size plugs.jpg

Hershey Forum Size 1909 Calendar.jpg

• Like 2

I got some items on my list, but not everything.  I think my wants may be a bit too new (1977 Lincoln and Cadillac stuff).

Stocked up on Meguiars, got brochures for my 2 77's, some Hirsch engine paint for the Cadillac, some 8 tracks for 25 cents apiece, about 6lbs of R12 for $20, renewed my AACA membership at the booth, and a few other little odds and ends.  I was looking for a very nice set of tail light lenses for the 77 Fleetwood.  No dice.  Also looking for a good used carburetor for the 77 Lincoln (Motorcraft 4350).  I found one rebuilt, but someone dropped it some time before I looked at it and messed up the linkages and choke pulloff.  One guy offered me one for $10, and I said it was in worse shape than what I already have, and then asked if I would take all 6 he had for $10.  I politely declined as I already have 3 that need rebuilding - I just want one that will run temporarily to test the engine after I finish reinstalling the intake.

Got some rainy day specials for my Packard, all the vendors I bought from were happy to have any business on Thursday, even rare parts.

Hershey was great this year for me. I bought a nice Buddy L 1935 Scarab wind up car, picked up a gas tank for my 1949 Studebaker, along with 1957 Mercury literature, color chips, and accessory catalogs for 1956 and 1957 Chevrolets.

Although I did not buy it, I saw a repro Boyce Moto Meter with a Franklin emblem on it.  

Think about it...  guess it's not a big seller.

Great show.  Nothing like it in the world!

I got chocolate (with almonds) for my loving wife- who helped me get my trailer in place on Tuesday; and didn’t gripe about being apart on our 28th anniversary- which arrived on Saturday October 13- just as it was in 1990.

I picked up a copy of Wilbur Shaw's book "Gentleman, Start your engines".

1st edition with the dust cover ……..$5.00