Identify this REO hood

EDNY

Just acquired this hood, it's complete and actually very solid with hinges.  Was looking for a donor hood for a vintage Chevy truck project when I located this one.  Looking around the internet I figure it's about a 1940 Speed Wagon hood...is this correct?

Finally - I need to cut it up if I use it and wanted to check with the REO folks to be sure that I'm not committing a capital crime if it has any collect-ability value.

Thanks

hood.JPG

emblem.JPG

I asked on the Reo Club your question here is the answer .

"

Right.   It looks like the '41 Speed Wagon in the picture.  Now here's the answer to your question "Are you committing a capital crime if you want to cut it up?"   You Bet!   Don't cut it up!  If you really want to put it or something like it on your Chevy very simply  copy it in fiber glass=problem solved.  But do not cut it up.  Do it in fiber glass & keep this one in the family for a much better use.   
That's my candid advice.    

Thanks guys.. I agree that it shouldn't be cut up. Thought about the mold process but never copied a part this big..the (many) louvers would be a challenge for my skill level. 

I'll put it in my barn and use it as trading material - hope the word gets out.

• 2 weeks later...