1929 erskine igniter gear

29 erskine

That distributor drive gear was used on Erskine models 50, 51 and 52 (1927-1930). My interchange starts at 1927 so it may have been used earlier as well.

The model 50 had a 637-Y distributor early on with the same drive gear. Later 50s had a 639-R distributor with the same drive gear. The automatic advance springs used on the 51 and 52 were only used on those cars. The two model 50 distributors used a different spring that was also used on three other non-Studebaker engines.

You might like to contact George Rohrbach:

Edited by Spinneyhill (see edit history)

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:00 PM, Spinneyhill said:

That distributor drive gear was used on Erskine models 50, 51 and 52 (1927-1930). My interchange starts at 1927 so it may have been used earlier as well.

The model 50 had a 637-Y distributor early on with the same drive gear. Later 50s had a 639-R distributor with the same drive gear. The automatic advance springs used on the 51 and 52 were only used on those cars. The two model 50 distributors used a different spring that was also used on three other non-Studebaker engines.

You might like to contact George Rohrbach:

1927 was the first year for Erskine. The engine is a Continental 8F so maybe there was some other usage of the engine?

10 hours ago, Peter R. said:

The gear you need is Delco-Remy # 820639 (12 teeth, 29/32" x 7/16" x 1/2").

I'll check if I have one in stock if you still need one. Peter

Thanks Peter, that would be great, I do still need it. My email is surfclint2@hotmail.com