1929 Cadillac Radiator Cap with or without ornament

DRF

Need to replace a stolen radiator cap for a 1929 Cadillac.  Cap did not have threads.  Doesn't have to be perfect, but serviceable.  Can be a plain cap or one with ornament including later 1930 - with Goddess.  Any leads as to whom to check with would be great.  Don't know the part number.

Not yet, joined the AACA first.  I did go to the Cadillac LaSalle Club meeting in Michigan a few weeks ago.  Didn't come up with any leads there beyond contacting Dick Shappy Classic Cars in Rhode Island.  Sent an email, hadn't heard back yet.

The cap would not have been threaded in, had two ears.  From what I can tell, the basic cap is smooth and is a slight dome like a gas cap would be.  The ears of the cap would fit a space of 2 3/8" and the rest of the inner hole would only be 2 1/4".  The outer of the cap would be at least 3 3/4" to line up with the chrome base of the grille shell.  I think other GM cars like Buick may have used a similar type base, but Buick caps have a fin on top apparently.  The photos with the goddess ornament shows the cap base as it would have been on a plain cap.  I've seen a couple of these cars with Moto-Meters as well through a cap with a serrated edge.  Maybe I can find a part number somehow.

The American Arrow Corp ornaments are beautiful, stainless steel no less.  Expensive, but it looks like they are well worth the price.  Maybe after a few other things are done.

DRF

IMG_20180922_084117236_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180922_084111655.jpg

sj14_r177_005.jpg

29-Cadillac-V8-Imprl-Sdn-DV-17_RMH-09-800.jpg

29-Cadillac-341B_CnvVic-DV-17-MA-05-800.jpg