starfireelvis

FOR SALE: 1967 Lincoln Continental 4-Door Convertible

******UPDATE 4/7/2020--CAR HAS BEEN SOLD--THANKS FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION!******
***UPDATE 4/4/2020--NOW ENTERTAINING ALL REASONABLE OFFERS***
RE-LISTING AT LOWER PRICE--1967 LINCOLN CONTINENTAL 4-DOOR CONVERTIBLE
Representing a friend who wants to sell this to a someone who will bring this luxury vehicle back to its former glory.
Cameo Green, Ivy Gold interior,  62,000 miles, have original Vehicle Warranty Identification Card,  some original documentation and maintenance, and Marti Report.  462 V-8, power steering, power windows, power vent windows, 6-way power seats, power door locks, air conditioning (not working), tinted glass, AM radio, disc brakes, limited slip differential.  Recent work includes newly refurbished gas tank and new sending unit, brake and exhaust work, new battery.  Originally was asking $18,000, negotiable, now asking $15,000 negotiable (Hagerty lists #4 condition at $17,000, plus add 10% for factory A/C).
           ******AS OF 4/4/2020, ENTERTAINING ALL REASONABLE OFFERS******
The vehicle is located in Battle Creek, Michigan.   Contact me by email if interested or have any questions, at mcibulas@neo.rr.com for more information.
Thanks, Mike

IMG_6159.JPG

IMG_0654.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG

IMG_0779.JPG

IMG_0795.JPG

IMG_4391.JPG

IMG_2691.JPG

Edited by starfireelvis
Vehicle has been sold (see edit history)

Benefits of AACA Membership.

I have personally seen this car, which was maintained by the local Lincoln dealer for many years. While the colors of the car are absolutely atrocious (my reaction was, could it be worse? Answer,  no.) it is magnificent mechanically. With a repaint it could be quite a nice find.

• Like 1

I think the colors are fine.  To each his own.

So many Lincoln convertibles are black or white

that it's interesting to see something else.

Lincoln offered at least 20 colors, but it seems as if

HALF of all Lincoln convertibles are white.

Eric, I like to see the colors that someone chose

decades ago--instead of grafting the popular colors

of the present on to a piece of history. 

• Like 2

John,  I agree with you about white. I have owned 12 of these cars and half of them, including the car I own now. Have been white. I plan to repaint mine in a factory correct darrk blue with maroon interior or chestnut metallic in and out.

• Like 2

I think the color is just fine.  Try shades of orange, purple, or brown.

For the subject car, that gold leather interior

could look good with some shade of dark green paint.

The combination would be different and good looking--

a great conversation piece at a show.

If only today's cars had such vast possibilities!

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 11:03 PM, John_S_in_Penna said:

I think the colors are fine.  To each his own.

So many Lincoln convertibles are black or white

that it's interesting to see something else.

Lincoln offered at least 20 colors, but it seems as if

HALF of all Lincoln convertibles are white.

Eric, I like to see the colors that someone chose

decades ago--instead of grafting the popular colors

of the present on to a piece of history. 

I agree, most are white. Probably because they are such a slab-sided car, so very hard to hide the ripples from body work. White is the easiest to hide those waves.

That “460” is actually a 462 per the Marti report.  I think ‘68 was the first year for the 460.

Either way, neat car!

You are, of course, indeed correct.   Mind fart when I posted it.   If I can edit the original post, I will.  Thanks for the correction.

Re-listing this vehicle; was originally asking $18,000 negotiable; now asking $15,000 negotiable.

Thank you,

Mike

Screen grab from the Hagerty Insider App, showing the various condition values for a 1967 Lincoln Continental Convertible.  I did not have enough “screen” to show the caption that indicated to add 10% to the value of the vehicle if it was equipped with factory air conditioning...

14352149-6879-4031-82DD-C8BCC7966313.jpeg

Again, having seen this car and knowing what was done, at 15K it represents one heck of a deal. I would encourage anyone interested in owning one of these cars to have a look at it. It would be a very good "drive while working on it" car.

• Thanks 1

Regardless what one thinks of the color combination, a "drive while you restore" has always been an attractive lure for me. 

Every time I see a Marti Report I feel bad for Kevin that he didn't use spellcheck to learn the difference between "concourse" and "concours" before he branded all his business literature.

Posted (edited)
On 10/14/2018 at 4:35 PM, John_S_in_Penna said:

For the subject car, that gold leather interior

could look good with some shade of dark green paint.

The combination would be different and good looking--

a great conversation piece at a show.

If only today's cars had such vast possibilities!

Here’s a photo of a 1967 Galaxie from the same year with a dark green exterior / tan interior.  ...of course, then you’d want to change the top color too.   I say, buy and enjoy!  

What is the trunk space like on that Lincoln with the top down?  I forget if these are like ford retractable hard tops with the small tub, or if there’s a different configuration  - and if access to the trunk is from the side of the car.  Visiting a national park in one of these (Yellowstone, Redwoods, ...) with the top down could be life changing.

0A77141E-7795-4C5B-9888-F00FA860D76A.jpeg

Edited by SparkEE (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Mike,

Not to dilute your thread here I think your price seems more than fair considering my friend has more than 3 and a half times what you are asking in his Continental.

I can attest they handle & drive wonderfully for such a big car.

P1000731.thumb.JPG.5b21af84c099346050e8d90c1618caa0.JPG

IMG_0324.thumb.JPG.4c83ce8bef40e03f1fe42efee5e35145.JPG

Edited by dei (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

There is a lot I like about these cars personally except maybe those excessive wide white walls...

982477807_IMG_0325-Copy.thumb.JPG.0f4861aa5e4c01b408b981be46531fb6.JPG

Edited by dei (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

Really wish you success with the sale of yours Mike.

It would be a fine addition to my collection if I had the room.

IMG_0327.thumb.JPG.ae4f5374e8e8501e51b4d5e2eac6a648.JPG

19 hours ago, SparkEE said:

Here’s a photo of a 1967 Galaxie from the same year with a dark green exterior / tan interior.  ...of course, then you’d want to change the top color too.   I say, buy and enjoy!  

What is the trunk space like on that Lincoln with the top down?  I forget if these are like ford retractable hard tops with the small tub, or if there’s a different configuration  - and if access to the trunk is from the side of the car.  Visiting a national park in one of these (Yellowstone, Redwoods, ...) with the top down could be life changing.

0A77141E-7795-4C5B-9888-F00FA860D76A.jpeg

The trunk space with the top down is,  uh...limited.  The 67 was the best of them all but still not a ton of room. You access the trunk using the key or the top switch,  either way works. The trunk has no provision for rear access so everything goes in over the side. A woefully impractical arrangement is all part of the fun.