Wanted 1959 Impala Convertible

ary1979

Hello gentlemen, I am currently Looking for a clean original 1959 Impala Convertible in great original condition or older restoration that I can cruise to my local car show. If you know anyone who might be interested in selling theirs it would be wonderful to have your help.

Thank you

Ary from Florida

They were very reasonably priced when I was young and started driving in the early 70's. I remember very well going to the beach in our neighbours white/ red interior 59 back in the mid 60's. Never forgot that car and how cool it was. Recently offered $55,000 for a very nice one, but far from mint. Offer refused. Not my money but a friend's who lives a distance away from the car. Didn't think $100k was a realistic price for a '59.

I think I may be off on that one!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ed Luddy said:

They were very reasonably priced when I was young and started driving in the early 70's. I remember very well going to the beach in our neighbours white/ red interior 59 back in the mid 60's. Never forgot that car and how cool it was. Recently offered $55,000 for a very nice one, but far from mint. Offer refused. Not my money but a friend's who lives a distance away from the car. Didn't think $100k was a realistic price for a '59.

I think I may be off on that one!

Hi Ed, I was at an Auction this past weekend and bid on a Red 59 Impala Convertible older frame off restoration. My highest bid was $65,000 I chose to not go higher. The car sold for 65,500 Which was not bad considering it needed nothing done. Here is the link to the auction. http://www.artsmithauctions.com/auctionpics.cfm?id=583  3 Weeks Ago Classic Car trader had a red one without continental kit the gentleman wanted 50,000 obo 

59impalaAuctionSold65500.PNG

On 10/10/2018 at 12:55 PM, JACK M said:

100 plus for a vert.

I should have bought a bunch of those when they were 500 bucks.

I'm not a GM guy but the 59s are a very handsome car in my opinion.

Hi Jack, Thanks for your reply :) The only place they sell for 100 plus is at the large auctions. Every year many cars trade hands between private owners for half the price you see at big auctions. Barrett Jackson is a perfect example of inflated over priced cars. Plus their outrageous 10% auction fee. 

Edited by ary1979 (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2018 at 8:05 PM, ary1979 said:

Hi Ed, I was at an Auction this past weekend and bid on a Red 59 Impala Convertible older frame off restoration. My highest bid was $65,000 I chose to not go higher. The car sold for 65,500 Which was not bad considering it needed nothing done. Here is the link to the auction. http://www.artsmithauctions.com/auctionpics.cfm?id=583  3 Weeks Ago Classic Car trader had a red one without continental kit the gentleman wanted 50,000 obo 

59impalaAuctionSold65500.PNG

Nice looking car. The one I offered $55,000 for was a black iwth red interior, but had a 4 speed stick installed in the 70's and needed a floor pan.

The BIG difference is that I'm in Canada, and the Canadian dollar is tanked against the US dollar.