20 years ago - It is now for sale..

54 minutes ago, mercer09 said:

I like it as is- a time capsule!

I agree 100% 

Plugs, wires, tires, and a bath... then drive it. I have only seen these cars over restored or apart for restoration, that one you could drive in the rain and leave in a restaurant parking lot. I would enjoy it more than a pretty one. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mercer09 said:

I like it as is- a time capsule!

That's such utter nonsense.  If you like cars that look like that and worse, just go out into the country to an old junkyard and get one.  This car needs to be restored and saved.  Now you can throw all the rocks you want....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That's such utter nonsense.  If you like cars that look like that and worse, just go out into the country to an old junkyard and get one.  This car needs to be restored and saved.  Now you canthrow all the rocks you want....

How all my cars look and the way I like them.

sorry that you need a snickers bar! LOL  cant fix cranky!

•  
Edited by mercer09 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Err.... Small Block Chevy.

I am gonna go with early 60s 283. I am no SBC expert, and those pics don't give a lot to go on. It has a generator (was 1966 the last?), It has an oil fill spout on the intake. It has the same type pulleys on front that you would expect for the mid 60s (maybe those go all the way back to the beginning?)

Other clues would be the size of the spark plug (changed in 68 I think), but there is no picture. Also where the valve covers bolt to the head, the holes can be either straight across or staggered (changed around 1959 I think). They cut the picture off so you cant see. The location of the dipstick can be another indicator if you know when it changed.

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:59 AM, nick8086 said:

It is a 265 motor. I do not have the time to look at all of my dads stuff..

It should be the same motor as this car..

55 gr.JPG

The engine shown appears to not have the integral oil filter mount cast into the rear driver's side of the block.  I believe that the 1955 265 c.i. V-8 was the only year that the small block Chevy did not have the integral oil filter mount.  That being said,  the engine that you have would be the correct one for your Dad's '55 Chevy.

By the way, that's a nice looking "55.

Cheers,

Grog