Ford Glass Division Tray/Plate?

• 1 month later...

The Ford Glass Division was part of the Rouge complex.  I have one identical to this except it just has the Ford logo.  My late uncle worked at the Ford HQ. and generously gave it to me., and I use it daily.  I also have a Lincoln Mark IV or Mark V opera window which I guess was a promotional item handed out to Ford employees.  He has passed away, so I can't verify that.  They also presumably made the amber colored ashtray promoting the 1964-1965 New York World's Fair.  The car companies made many promotional items that were handed out at Open House plant tours.  When my Dad worked at Ford, their Pressed Steel plant produced aluminum ashtrays with a Ford two-door sedan in profile riveted to the center.  These were apparently given out at their Open House in 1950, since it is mentioned on the stamping.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:38 AM, Jim Skelly said:

The Ford Glass Division was part of the Rouge complex.  I have one identical to this except it just has the Ford logo.  My late uncle worked at the Ford HQ. and generously gave it to me., and I use it daily.  I also have a Lincoln Mark IV or Mark V opera window which I guess was a promotional item handed out to Ford employees.  He has passed away, so I can't verify that.  They also presumably made the amber colored ashtray promoting the 1964-1965 New York World's Fair.  The car companies made many promotional items that were handed out at Open House plant tours.  When my Dad worked at Ford, their Pressed Steel plant produced aluminum ashtrays with a Ford two-door sedan in profile riveted to the center.  These were apparently given out at their Open House in 1950, since it is mentioned on the stamping.

I would agree