Terry Bond

YEAHHHH!!!! RETIRED!!!!!!

Every day is a Saturday.

I found that when I retired I didn't have time for anything.

I've had a couple people ask me how long it takes to adjust to retirement. Based on mine and my wife's experience, I say "about a day and a half."

I retired 24 years ago.  I adjusted a week before I retired  . Terry your will injoy every day as long you don't mess up your other leg . King32. PS Iwas 50 when I retired .

Congrats Terry, only difference for me was to turn the alarm clock off. Had been telecommuting since 2004 when my employer finally agreed I had better computers at home than in the office.

Sill enjoying cars that have AC & still talk to them with computers just a little more complicated than a Prince Onboard Computer now.

Congratulations on your well-deserved retirement, Terry!  And what a fitting way for you to celebrate--by going to Hershey and finding some great treasures in the flea market, antique stores, and Allentown paper show.  Enjoy your retirement.  As Marty Roth pointed out, you should have a little more time to do all the antique car-related things you enjoy.  

When I retired I thought "What will they do without me", shortly I realized they(employer) put someone in place of me and never even missed me. So enjoy your retirement and don`t look back..

39 minutes ago, pont35cpe said:

When I retired I thought "What will they do without me", shortly I realized they(employer) put someone in place of me and never even missed me. So enjoy your retirement and don`t look back..

i guess it's a natural reaction to think about the folks left behind in the office to continue fighting the same battles over and over again, especially for those who have leaned on me over the years and sought advice. But - I'm sure I'll be missed mainly for the stories of weekend escapades and trips with the old cars .  I'll never forget the "retirement" speech Howard Scotland gave when he retired from the AACA Board of Directors - he stuck his finger into a glass of water, pulled it out and asked us what size of hole was left behind!  Hershey was a blast and the best part was NOT going back to work on Monday morning.  Next year I'm going to try and stay over for the Hershey Hangover Tour!

Terry

The end of the year marks 18 years of Saturdays.  I sold out at 55 and my only regret is that I didn't do it at 50.  Business was fun, but retirement is funner.  Congratulations!  Enjoy.

Regional Tours, Founders Tours, Sentimental Tours & Glidden Tours in addition to the local tours.

I'm not saving my cars for some street rodder,  I plan to use them up and redo them as long as I can.

Good for you Terry......May you have Happier times ahead......My wife and I will be joining you with our retirement the end of this year....Can't wait...:)