86musman

Vintage NOS Dodge Parts

I had just recently bought these at an auction because I got them for little for nothing. I am not sure what they are or if they even would sell. I am just trying to get a general idea of what they are and if I can even sell them? Thank you for your time.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You mentioned that you "bought these" at an auction.  Is there more than one part in the pictured box (perhaps stacked and covered with wax paper/cosmoline), or did you buy several boxes of the same part number?

I think a little more information would be in order, such as:

• Dimensions of the item(s);
  • Removal of whatever is covering the part(s);
  • More photographs;
  • Were other Dodge-related items (cars, parts etc.) sold at the auction?
  • Any other information you might come up with.

A quick search of Googol didn't turn up any matches, but I'll bet that someone on this Forum has some information for you.  Good luck.

Cheers,

Grog

• Like 1

I'm not 100% sure of what that # is...658653...658663?

I have a lot of old Mopar parts books.

• Like 1

My googol search yielded no results for either Dodge Part Number 658653 or 658663.  I think we need some more information from the Original Poster.

Cheers,

Grog

• Like 1

The retail packaging was usually a little more colorful for regular retail even on mechanical parts.  These look like army surplus.  Probably for Dodge trucks maybe even power wagon or Weapons carrier or something that might not show up in regular parts catalog. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, auburnseeker said:

The retail packaging was usually a little more colorful for regular retail even on mechanical parts.  These look like army surplus.  Probably for Dodge trucks maybe even power wagon or Weapons carrier or something that might not show up in regular parts catalog. 

Not a clue but I doubt military packaging would state "Dodge" rather that use it's military designation such as M-37 especially since there often was several equipment  sources but all built to the same spec...........Bob

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bhigdog said:

Not a clue but I doubt military packaging would state "Dodge" rather that use it's military designation such as M-37 especially since there often was several equipment  sources but all built to the same spec...........Bob

Agree with you, Bob.  Anything in the late 60's US Army that I recall coming out of the Supply Hootch had a zillion contract numbers in lieu of a manufacturer's name.  A true example that I still laugh about is a box of 12 everyday wooden graphite pencils.  The description after a ton of contract numbers read:  "12 each hand held portable transcribing devices" without the word pencil anywhere.

Peter J.

• Like 2

My book (1936 thru 1940 dodge truck condensed master parts list shows part no 658663 to be upper and lower oil control piston ring  .015-.024 for  ME MF RE  and TE trucks.  The box you show has the number 6 after the part number. Maybe it states there are 6 rings wrapped up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You might have to measure the OD and width, maybe the ID at each end. I may be able to look up the bearing size and maybe get the bearing number, if it is a bearing cup for a tapered roller bearing.

But is it in its original box? Maybe that box held rings, 6 of them, as above.

• Like 1

Sorry guys for the late reply, all seem to be the same part number. I have 15 of them. Most of them have the 6 at the end of the code. Some of them have "processed for export" tags on them. Says they are for a Chrysler. Here is a picture. I hope this helps. thanks guys for the help.

image.jpeg

Chrysler rings, 0.020" oversize, 6 of them. Are they all wrapped in the same paper as a set and look like one piece?

• Like 2

Nope but they all look to of once been sold as sets because it says x6 on them. they also have the same number. Do you think I could sell them and if I could where could I sell them?

I just did some research into the Columbus asf depot and it is related to the army. I am guessing these were for army trucks from the 30's or 40's and that is why the packages are like this and not for the regular manufacturer. They could still be used for a regular manufactured car. 

They show in my 36 Chrysler parts book...upper/lower oil control ring C7, C16 and many other sixes..

Not much if any value IMO. Complete sets yes.

Unknown purpose for an unknown vehicle and even if known there are likely NOS or NORS stock of known application and source available. Likely worth about what you paid for them. Might make neat hoop ear rings though...........Bob

• Haha 1