Full Classic As Of August 2017 now Restored

Dynaflash8

There were 2dr and 4dr convertibles and the long, neat club coupe, but my wife and I chose the 4dr sedan to buy and restore, just because we wanted to.  Every model made it but most wouldn't have chosen a sedan to exemplify the model and be restored.  So, here is our 1941 Buick Roadmaster Series 71 sedan.  It has the basic same body as the 1941 Cadillac 62.

41 Buick finished 2.JPG

• Like 3

Absolutely stunning ! Thanks so much for sharing this with all of us Earl.  My very best to you both for having such a great car and taking the time, patience and $ to bring this car back to the way it was when it was new. Best Wishes for many miles of fine motoring.

Walt G.

1 hour ago, Walt G said:

Absolutely stunning ! Thanks so much for sharing this with all of us Earl.  My very best to you both for having such a great car and taking the time, patience and $ to bring this car back to the way it was when it was new. Best Wishes for many miles of fine motoring.

Walt G.

Thank you Walt, and thank you for all of your support for this project while over some number of  years, while you were on the Board of the CCCA. Many, including well know Buick restorer, Douglas Seybold, have told me of your support during the those times.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, billorn said:

Makes me want a big series 40' or 41' Buick all that much more. Ive kind of been looking but this really makes me want to get out there and just get one. Going to Hershey hope to find something there!!! Very nice job!!!!!

Toth Buick in Akron, Ohio has one advertised.  I only see one thing wrong with it in the picture; lack of the small rocker panel moldings at the bottom of the rear fender rubber stone pads (only used with cars that have rear fender skirts).  I think it's a lot of money, but to be frank it is less than what I have in my car.  Keep in mind that J.C. Taylor refused me more than $40,000 in insurance.  I bought the grill that I had replated from Toth Buick.  In the end another one might has been just as good to re plate for $50 less. haha.   They don't call me "Buy High, Sell Low Earl for nothing."  If you are far away, both Matt Harwood and Doug Seybold do not live far away from Toth.....and, they used to be located in Cleveland.

6 hours ago, John_Mereness said:

We had perhaps the nicest original 1941 Super Sedan (in Royal Maroon too) on the globe - actually a much nicer car to drive than our 1941 Cadillac 60 Special Fleetwood - other than Fleetwood knew how to build one great seat matched to having a more solid think to doors when closing.   I highly recommend BUICKS !

Like the Packard 120, the Buick Super is a very nice car; however, also like the Packard 120, it looks like the larger Full Classic model (Packard 160 and Buick Roadmaster series 70) the Super is not considered a Full Classic.  For the most part, the difference between the larger and more expensive car and the less expensive car is the power plant, and wheelbase.  Buick, in 1941, had a 165 hp overhead valve straight 8 engine....tops in the industry as a standard engine.  Packard could equal that if equipped with an optional aluminum head, so I have read.  Packard had a flat head straight 8....I can't remember the cid, (maybe 352), but it was much larger than the Buick 320.3 and had 9 main bearings to the Buick 7 main bearings.  Cadillac, in any case, had a 150 hp V8 engine.  The Buick Super had only 115 hp from a 248 cid engine.

Edited by Dynaflash8 (see edit history)

I love Packards and Buicks. Have one of each pre war - 1930 Packard standard eight model 733 and 1940 Buick Roadmaster series 70. Both are really fun to drive and very easy to do so. Amazing power, sop well, steer well, ride well. I am very fortunate to have the best of both worlds and being a decade apart the styling works really well. Best part is driving them, make sure they are sorted well and once brought up to the way they were when new you will maximize your old car driving pleasure. Doug Seybold of Ohio did the Mechanical sorting for me on my Roadmaster and Byron York of Connecticut sorted out my Packard. Both of the cars were running well when I bought them but it was worth the time and $ to have them taken apart somewhat to make sure all was well. Doug an Byron are gentleman who really care about the cars they work on and I am proud to have  them as my friends.

• Like 2