I'll be shopping in the car corral! What are you selling?

AnniesSS

So I've sold the Burb and have been looking for another vehicle.  Requirements:

Clean!

Runs well (it will be my daily driver)

Can be entered  into HPOF or DPC

Late 60's-'94 station wagon :) or Blazer (I'd love a full-size one but am sure it will be out of my price range)

I'm fairly comfortable with going up to $10k. I know it's not a lot, and my choices might be slim, but it's what I've got to work with :) 

If you're bringing it to Hershey - post the photo here and where you will be so I can take a look :) Thanks!

I bet alot of guys selling in the Car corral,  especially later model,  don't view these forums so keep your hopes up and look in the swap meet as well.  Lots of cars for sale in vendor spaces and sometimes a better deal and overlooked by buyers as they are not lined up in a big row like the car corral so you actually have to hunt for them. 

I told my wife if I was going to sell cars,  I would get a vendor space or two and sell them there.  Longer period of time for exposure and you can use it as your base to buy from. 

Good luck.

• Like 1

I'll have my computer with me and if I see anything in the swap meet that fits the bill,  I'll post the space I saw it and the price/ specs in the evening when I get back to my motel incase I stumble across anything you might have missed.  It's a good place to find what you are looking for,  especially with all the stuff coming in from the south and west. 

• Like 1

The last few years I have seen more interesting 1970s  and 1980s vehicles in the car corral. One memorable one was a 1980s Ford Fairmont Station Wagon in a light blue color. It was LOW miles and in Great Shape and was only $3500. You never know what you will find in the car corral so keep your eyes open, put your comfortable shoes on and bring your checkbook. If you happen to be in the car corral on Thursday morning you might see me too since we normally go through the corral that day.

I will also be at the show on Saturday. This year I will have my DPC car at Hershey. Hope to see you at Hershey somewhere. ?

• Like 1

On 9/25/2018 at 7:12 PM, AnniesSS said:

...I'm fairly comfortable with going up to $10k. I know it's not a lot, and my choices might be slim, but it's what I've got to work with... 

Annie, there are many, many collectible cars

in that price range.  The cars in the Hershey

car corral often start out overpriced, but be

persistent--visit every day--and you'll see some

becoming realistically priced.

If you come to Fall Carlisle the week before,

you'll see that their car corral has plenty of cars

in the years you've specified.  In fact, those years

constitute most of the cars there.  I have seen a car

fail to sell at Fall Carlisle, and the seller will

take it to Hershey with a higher asking price.

Cars from the 1970's and up, when

realistically priced, should fulfill your wishes well!

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Annie, there are many, many collectible cars

in that price range.  The cars in the Hershey

car corral often start out overpriced, but be

persistent--visit every day--and you'll see some

becoming realistically priced.

John, I agree with you 1000%.  As the week at Hershey winds down (ie Friday afternoon or Saturday morning especially), some sellers reevaluate their asking price on unsold cars. The thought of having to take the car home and store it all winter often prompts them to be more inclined to reduce their price.

Charlie

• Like 1

Annie, can't believe you sold the Burb!  I'm sure you'll find something to love in the field somewhere.  Can't wait to see your post when you do find  it.

Drop by and say hi when you can - GCC5-6.

If we're not there were out shopping. 

Terry

• Like 2

Why did I sell it?  I had a buyer lol  And I want something smaller, although my husband thinks a station wagon isn't smaller, only shorter!  What can I say?!

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys!  I'm really looking forward to the search.  

BTW, I've volunteered to work the Membership Booth on the Chocolate Field 2-4 Friday!  Come say hi :) 

• Like 2

On 9/30/2018 at 6:19 PM, AnniesSS said:

Thanks so much!  I've got my fingers crossed that I'll find my next baby :)

Many good vehicles out there for adoption - looking for their forever home! 

?

• Like 2

When you find yourself overloaded with sellers remorse from getting rid of the burb, I have one just like it sitting in my back yard.... well, just like yours would look after sitting in a back yard in Indiana for a decade. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, charlier said:

I thought of you when I saw a few of the following in the car corral. Especially the first one. :)

Some of the late 1980s and early 1990s pickup trucks were interesting too.

Charlie

2018 Fall Hershey Swap Meet_020.jpg

2018 Fall Hershey Swap Meet_019.jpg

2018 Fall Hershey Swap Meet_004.jpg

2018 Fall Hershey Swap Meet_024.jpg

Is that the one with the baseball hole in the window or the one running on only 7 cylinders?

16 hours ago, AnniesSS said:

The owner of that Suburban made me not want to buy it.  He was quite rude so I walked away lol  Definitely nice stuff out there!

So sorry to hear about the rude seller. Bet the seller cannot understand why the vehicle did not sell. ?

Sadly, the flea market fields had a (very) few rude vendors as well. On the bright side, the vast majority of the vendors were VERY Friendly and Pleasant to deal with. That is what Fall Hershey is all about. These friendly vendors also made a rainy Thursday easier to bear. :) Was also GREAT that more vendors decided to stick around to vend on Friday.  :)

Charlie

• Like 1