HEADLIGHT LENSES

I have three lenses that I bought on ebay over a decade ago.  I only opened the package to check for breakage.  Even though the package has an Ottawa P248 number and the label says 29/30 - Pontiac, Marquette and Peerless  that is not what these are.  On the rim of the glass it says 9/16 x 8 31/32.  I would appreciate a positive id.  As soon as I know what they fit they will be for sale to a good home.

001.jpg

These look like replacement lenses (no script) and Ottawa was one of the aftermarket lens manufacturers.

The original lenses for 1929-30 Pontiac and Marquette were Tiltray number 912185.  These lenses have flat faces and locating nubs on the bottom as shown in your photo.  The size listed for the Tiltray lens is 9 7/16 OD x 8 31/32 prism, but I have also seen 8 15/16 marked in the glass rim as the prism diameter.

Aftermarket replacement lenses generally have very little market value.  I have good used Tiltray lenses for sale if you need them.

Tom

Thank you Tom.  I have six proper lenses for my car.  I was hoping to identify these three so maybe someone that needed a lens could have them.  I have no idea what they really fit.