What is this part called? From a '47 Pontiac Torpedo

justinsdad

Hi all

I crossposted this last week in the parts wanted forum but thought I'd try here as well.

I'm rebuilding my interior after a rewiring project required pulling the headliner and dash out.  That led to painting the dash and windshield trim, which led to painting the inside window moldings.

I've been able to identify all of the necessary replacement parts so far but this one (pics attached).  It's a length of cording that's sewn to a cardboard strip which tucks into the window trim, and it runs around the upper 3/4 of all 4 doors.  I've heard it called an anti-rattle strip but can't find the correct term to search for, or a supplier for it.  I'd be very grateful for your help!

window strip off door with arrows.jpg

window strip on door with arrows.jpg

Edited by justinsdad
More detail (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Spinney

The Windlace you show goes around the door openings, on the body of the car not the doors (e.g. it doesn't move when the doors open and close).  The stuff around the windo frame is similar, but much thinner, maybe 3/16 or 1/4" wide.  It's starting to look like this is a make-it-yourself kind of item.  Sigh... further down the rabbit hole we go!

Hi all

I finally got around to calling Lebaron-Bonney, and the mystery is solved!

The part in question is called Door Cording or Edge Welt, and they both make and sell it.

They were super helpful to talk to as well; even though they're super busy they took the time to look at this post, take the question out to their floor manager and find out what the part is we're looking for.

Color options from their website, in case anyone else is looking for the same thing:

http://www.lebaronbonney.com/webcatalogs/fabric/files/assets/basic-html/page-22.html

Thanks all for your help!  I'll post pics when I get her all put back together, probably looking like spring at this point.