23Baby

I need a pair of 1920-1923 Dodge Touring Top Rest Saddles

I am looking for a pair of top rest saddles for our 1923 Dodge Touring Car. My Dad bought it 40 years ago and parked it not too long after that. My Mom bugged him ever since to get it going again but he never did. He passed in 2010 and a few years ago a buddy of mine and I got Baby (mom named it that since I was a kid) going and surprised Mom with it in a parade. Unfortunately we never knew that it was supposed to have top saddles or what those even were until the top bounced enough that it ripped all the tacks out and dropped on the spare. So now that i know what i need, i need to find a good pair. Please let me know if you have a pair. Thanks in advance. Pics of what I need attached.

correct saddles 2 20_23.jpg

correct saddles 20_23.jpg

Edited by 23Baby
pics of what i need (see edit history)

I have a pair of top rest  saddles, that are available if they are of any use to you, they would be slightly later than the ones you show I reckon, but are good solid units. I am from Australia downunder, so I would want $75  US  plus freight for them

regards

Kevin BC

736.JPG

737.JPG

735.JPG

Darrell

Hi

Today is Sunday here , will check out the postage tomorrow for you.

Could not reply to your message via the website

Don’t know what they are off, bought them at a swap meet , thinking I could use them on my 1930 Dodge8 Phaeton, but the phaeton has cup holders where the hood sits in a cup arrangement & is strapped into the holder, so they are not appropriate  for my use & I have been sitting on them wondering  if anyone needed them for some time. They may be a generic brand as most Aust phaetons seemed to use this  type , as most brands of cars were either assembled by Holden’s or Richards Body builders here, and had generic parts used on all makes

Will get back to you tomorrow.

The securing sleeves are easy to make , some brass rod cut into two pieces at 45 degrees, and the brass threaded to take a holding bolt, it the same securing method as the cup holders on my car.

Regards

Kevin BC

I have asked this question before, but will ask again. Does anyone have a catalog for top bow rests? The company name is Bair or Behr. I am looking for a copy to put with the DBC literature collection at AACA library. The question comes up a lot of which rests are correct for what year. I doubt if rests were specific for each brand of car. It would help all of us to have a catalog. 

It is spelled Bair btw.. I've seen a few of the ones I have that had that spelling. Wish I had a catalog also.

23 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

These are actually the same item, just relisted. he only has 1 and it is close but does not have the setback post.

Darrell

Checked out the postage to the states from Aus $50 Aus, which is $37 US, so if you want these I'll make it $110 US all up.

Kevin BC