Brian_Heil

Hershey Bound

Recommended Posts

After more years than I care to admit, I hope to check the 'Hershey Box' this year for the first time.

 

Rather surprised no one else has posted anything about Hershey 2018.

 

Each year I would see the Hershey Posts and wish I was going.

 

Anyone else this year?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brian:

It will be good to see you for the Hershey experience. Visit at C4M 44 and 45 that is where Dave Blaufarb and I will be set up. We have a cluster of Buick folks near by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brian, 

     This is great.   This will be my first year to go as well.   I definitely want to meet up and say hello.     Hugh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stop at the BCA booth  GBK 35-37, early on your visit.  They always have a list of Buick booths and buick suppliers.  I am hoping for good weather Saturday as I want to bring my 1917 D45.  It's not a show stopper, but I want to get the 100 year old AACA badge.  I sure hope it will drive from the trailer parking area to the show field.

 

Bob Engle  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bob Engle said:

Stop at the BCA booth  GBK 35-37, early on your visit.  They always have a list of Buick booths and buick suppliers.  I am hoping for good weather Saturday as I want to bring my 1917 D45.  It's not a show stopper, but I want to get the 100 year old AACA badge.  I sure hope it will drive from the trailer parking area to the show field.

 

Bob Engle  

 

I may miss you as I will be headed home Friday. I helped Jim Milewski sort his ‘23 out some years ago all the way in Utica, NY or near there.  Buick Engineering still makes house calls. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be there buying vintage car literature and NOS parts of all makes.  Too much temptation to man a booth for me and the wife,  I'm sure wouldn't be too keen to man it either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brian,

 

I am sure Larry can steer you to Jon Henry, as the two of you should meet.  I will post his site location and cell phone number so you can track him down.  He will be in the site of Morton Automotive and/or Academy Auto, Bristol, CT.

 

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect to show a 1912 Model 35.  Not for judging.  It took a senior about 5 years ago, and I've driven the bejabbers out of it ever since.  (And it shows!)  I'll also drive it on the Hangover on Sunday and Monday, unless I get daring and drive my one-cylinder Cadillac instead.

 

Gil Fitzhugh the Elder

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, oldcarfudd said:

I expect to show a 1912 Model 35.  Not for judging.  It took a senior about 5 years ago, and I've driven the bejabbers out of it ever since.  (And it shows!)  I'll also drive it on the Hangover on Sunday and Monday, unless I get daring and drive my one-cylinder Cadillac instead.

 

Gil Fitzhugh the Elder

 

I follow you and your Buick, and all your touring exploits, in the HCCA magazine.  You are one of my heroes!

Edited by Brian_Heil (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be with Wayne Funk and Denny Newman @ RWO 18-19.  Not sure how much time I will be there since I have nothing to sell but Wayne and Denny are fine company.  Who better to introduce me to Hershey?

 

Seems everyone in the hobby knows Wayne and he recently completed his Buick Model F and toured it this year for the first time.  He tours numerous other vehicles.

 

Denny has a restoration shop north of Flint and many know him as well.  His bread and butter is Ford T work, but he always has some other brass project going too.  He's as good as they come and always has a waiting list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will be in spaces GCH-22-23 on the Green Field with parts,, Weather permitting

Hope for another good year

Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2018 at 7:59 PM, Brian_Heil said:

After more years than I care to admit, I hope to check the 'Hershey Box' this year for the first time.

 

Rather surprised no one else has posted anything about Hershey 2018.

 

Each year I would see the Hershey Posts and wish I was going.

 

Anyone else this year?

Each year I say, well maybe this will be the last time, and then I go again.  I have a lot of good used 1941 Buick chrome, a little '39 stuff, and some other stuff that I could put in the back of the Suburban.  I did not get a flea market space unfortunately.  My '41 was finished after I could get a space, but I have a good parking space where I could meet people.  At this time I do not plan to bring the Suburban, but I could if it turned out somebody was really hot for some good, re-plateable chrome

Edited by Dynaflash8 (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be attending Hershey for the first time this year. I am looking for a few small parts for my '40 Buick 56S and am interested in some manuals that I do not have. 

Mike Nelson

1940 Buick 56S

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be there with our crew from the Westerly-Pawcatuck Region AACA club.

It will be my third year. It is a lot of fun. During the day we sell from our site

and go around buying stuff. A trip to the museum is a definite thing to put on

your list. There  will be free bus service to and back.

 

Our guys will have some Plymouth, Packard, and Buick stuff. I will have several

items that go to a 1941 Buick. We have a page on ourwebsite

that lists a few items. Feel free to stop by and introduce

yourself.

Edited by Roadmaster71 (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My spaces are in the CHOCOLATE FIELD 

Spaces CG 32,33,34

look for the truck with Louisiana license plate "MARTY R" or "AACA1"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2018 at 2:15 PM, Pete Phillips said:

I plan to be there; not bringing a car, though--too far.

BCA #7338

Leonard, Texas

Me too

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2018 at 12:22 PM, Roadmaster71 said:

I will be there with our crew from the Westerly-Pawcatuck Region AACA club.

It will be my third year. It is a lot of fun. During the day we sell from our site

and go around buying stuff. A trip to the museum is a definite thing to put on

your list. There  will be free bus service to and back.

 

Our guys will have some Plymouth, Packard, and Buick stuff. I will have several

items that go to a 1941 Buick. We have a page on ourwebsite

that lists a few items. Feel free to stop by and introduce

yourself.

Do  you need any chrome.  I have all of the pot metal chrome and the two front headlights off of my car.  It's all quite good used and would easily re-plate nice or use as is for a driver.  My Suburban will be in the Giant Center parking lot Thurs-Fri-Sat and maybe a little while Wed afternoon.  I don't have a spot, but I plan to put the two-three boxes in the back of the Suburban.  It is all from a Roadmaster, all fits a Super and some fits the rest.

Also have a re-plated rear bumper for a 40-60 model I might bring that was a bad job and needs replating again.  Paid $200 for it last year but would take $100 to move it along.  I won't bring it unless somebody asks me to before I go.  I also have a used pair of '39 fender lights with lenses.

Edited by Dynaflash8 (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dynaflash8 said:

Do  you need any chrome.

My chrome is actually one of the better features of the car. A few spots here and there on the rear bumper of the Roadmaster, but otherwise very good.

This year  I will be bringing mostly '41 parts and some manuals for other cars. I am also putting together a DVD of some of my own items that do not

appear in digital form very often.

Mostly I will  be having a good time with the guys. I am too new to this hobby to ever make any money on my scarce horde of odd parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Roadmaster71 said:

My chrome is actually one of the better features of the car. A few spots here and there on the rear bumper of the Roadmaster, but otherwise very good.

This year  I will be bringing mostly '41 parts and some manuals for other cars. I am also putting together a DVD of some of my own items that do not

appear in digital form very often.

Mostly I will  be having a good time with the guys. I am too new to this hobby to ever make any money on my scarce horde of odd parts.

Mine was also very good, just not good enough for me. My car has only 59,000 miles on it.  We've talked before.  Where are your spaces?

 

51 minutes ago, Roadmaster71 said:

My chrome is actually one of the better features of the car. A few spots here and there on the rear bumper of the Roadmaster, but otherwise very good.

This year  I will be bringing mostly '41 parts and some manuals for other cars. I am also putting together a DVD of some of my own items that do not

appear in digital form very often.

Mostly I will  be having a good time with the guys. I am too new to this hobby to ever make any money on my scarce horde of odd parts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Dynaflash8 said:

Mine was also very good, just not good enough for me. My car has only 59,000 miles on it.  We've talked before.  Where are your spaces?

 

 

Our location is: We will be at Site No.  RCC-89-92, Red Field, south end of the Hershey Stadium. (registered under name of Bob Burdick)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a special parking permit and park in the Giant Center Parking lot.  I think that is next to the red field.  Earl Beauchamp

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found someone to pick up my parts at Hershey.  Thanks to those who responded to my request.

 

Dave Krugler

BCA #20435

Edited by Str8-8-Dave
Update request (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now