Serial number tag location needed for 1918 K-45

Martian

Hi,

Can someone here please direct me to be able to find the SN or frame number tag on my car?  If you can send me a picture that would be wonderful!  I was under it on a creeper for almost an hour last night and found nil!

Thanks so much in advance for any help!

5 hours ago, Martian said:

Did buick dealers offer a conversion kit to farmers to take out the back seat on a 45 and put on a wood tongue and groved pickup box?  

Nope,  Usually by necessity farmers would take out the back seats/ tub and build a truck body bed or take something from an old farm wagon.

Buick made trucks on and off from 1908 to 1923 and all Buick trucks were 4 cylinder except the model 2-A from 1910 and an earlier "delivery car" also placed on a Model F chassis.

If you see a "Buick truck" with a 6 cylinder engine, it is a converted car.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, ROD W said:

This  1920 was for sale recently.  Had a nice conversion  from a tourer.  The add said it was  bought this way by the original owner. ,  But it was probably  converted by the dealer for sale to farmers in the area.

1920 ute.jpg

It is possible, but I doubt it because of the cost of building a body and then removing it would not make sense.  If anything, the car was probably converted by the first or second owner. 

To add a truck body to a 1915 Buick chassis at time of manufacture was $75.00.  I would suspect that a car body cost a lot more.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...