Hershey 2018

1937hd45

Well all of you make me look pathetic :P  

I have ONLY been once, back in 2012, looking for part for my Chevrolet I was restoring. never found much, and man was it a COOL WET ONE !! we brought the kids, and had to buy some $1 garden gloves to keep our hands warm. went up on Thursday eve, kids were in school, and headed back Sunday morning. stayed locally in Harrisburg PA. really enjoyed the sites, only covered 1/4 of the field, place is crazy huge. we did walk the car corral, and went up early Saturday and walked the show field.

now that the kids have graduated and are off to college and out living life I plan to go back one day. need to develop a plan for 2019 and just do it. really wish i could go this year, heard there will be TONS of 1929-1932 Chevrolet parts there (good friend is bringing them up).

Ugh

Another Hershey thing I miss from the late '60's and early '70's, besides the mud, is walking the aisles and listening the for the score of the World Series games from any vendor that had it on radio. Remember when baseball was played during the day?

On 9/28/2018 at 7:24 AM, AJFord54 said:

Will the library be having its Tuesday sale starting at 4 pm this year?  If it was listed, I've missed the announcement.

@AJFord54@46 woodie is correct. The AACA Library Yard sale will be held on Tuesday, October 9th and run from 4 to 7 PM. If you have been here before, you probably already know the drill. If you haven't and have any questions about it please send me a message or call the library. It'll be held at the same place as in previous years - at the AACA Library (501 West Governor Road, Hershey, PA  17033). Hope to see you there!

We shared information on the Yard Sale via Antique Automobile magazine,  AACA's online newsletter Speedster, our Facebook pages, etc. Word of mouth is also good, so please feel free to share this information with your friends if you'd like. ?

• Like 1

My husband always says that I don't know the real Hershey experience without the mud!  I, for one, am ok with that!

My father in law has been going for over 40 years.

My husband has been with him many, many times.

I've gone 6-7 times since 2001.... however, this year is 5 in a row for me and the first without a vehicle on the show field! :( 

This will be the first time, however, that I'll be working at the Membership tent on the Chocolate field Friday afternoon!  Come say hi!! :) 

On 9/29/2018 at 1:13 PM, 46 woodie said:

Remember when baseball was played during the day?

Yup. And since you and I were born in the mid '40s, we can remember when baseball was played in the Summer. Hershey mud ? And baseball can begin and/or end in the snow these days. To make this somewhat car related, I got my drivers license July 1960. Followed the Pittsburgh Pirates that year, and put all my paper route money I was saving for a car on them in the series. Thank you, Bill Mazerowski !! IMHO there is nothing better than baseball when baseball is at its best. I have a hard time watching it on TV these days. Frustrating when you see how unaware of the strike zone the ump can be. Gotta have balls and strikes called by lasers. Anyway, I really enjoy baseball the way I often did as a kid. On the radio. Balls are balls, and strikes are strikes. Keeps my blood pressure where it ought to be. I sometimes listen to baseball while driving my car. I have been known to park to concentrate on a really good game. Let's see : what else can I do to make this more "car"?     Hmmmm.......... I wonder if Mazerowski drove a Cadillac................. ?        -   CC 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/19/2018 at 9:36 AM, Dave Henderson said:

it's my 55th, and I promise to bring the authentic vintage Hershey mud display!  I'll bring along a few Cord, Jag XK 120 and Model A parts plus tools, and whatever else the cat can help me drag out.   Dave  CE76

MVC-084S.JPG

For a while It looked like I wouldn't be able to come, but circumstances changed and I'm back on track, so the mud is still coming!  Dave  CE76

Edited by Dave Henderson (see edit history)
  • Like 1