63-65 Custom Center Console Kits

RupesRivi

Just wanted to share a little something I have been working on for a while... I have a 1965 Riviera with the base interior. Nothing against the original wood kits, i think they look amazing. But when building a custom, i wanted to change things up a bit... The Rivieras are tricky when doing anything custom, as its dam near a perfect car as it is... I wish I could take all the credit for this but honestly it was the wife's idea. One day someone left a piece of furniture on the side walk for the trash man, and the wife walked buy it and snapped a picture of the grey/charcoal wood grain and sent it to me and said,  you should do the wood in the Riviera this color.....  

Thats when the snowball started falling...

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, 64RivieraLife said:

Pictures of panels in car, and how did you get that done?

A few months ago, there was a series of how-to articles in the Riview on making and installing these panels.  There are many ways to go. Some do like original using a veneer, some have used a laminate, and others have done it using real wood.  I imagine there are a few how-to posts spread out through out this forum.  Use the search feature and see what you can find.

Wood kits are now in stock.

I have made all of the versions. I even made a 63 Riviera console wood kit, even through Buick did not make it originally, just thought some 63 owners would like a custom touch. Hopefully by the end of the week I will get a chance to get pictures and get the kits posted on my website and ebay store.

More info come shortly!

I am also currently working on reproducing the black vinyl for the consoles as well (and the 65 Riv radio bezels)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2021 at 11:39 PM, Bestoffercounts said:

Wood kits are now in stock.

I have made all of the versions. I even made a 63 Riviera console wood kit, even through Buick did not make it originally, just thought some 63 owners would like a custom touch. Hopefully by the end of the week I will get a chance to get pictures and get the kits posted on my website and ebay store.

More info come shortly!

I am also currently working on reproducing the black vinyl for the consoles as well (and the 65 Riv radio bezels)

Any pictures yet of kits or where to order, mines is all black looking to get same 

All of the different kits for the different years and standard and deluxe interior will be posted on my website by the end of the weekend (www.bestoffercounts.com)

There will be many detailed pictures.

I just finished earlier this week getting the black vinyl to make the radio bezels for the 1965 Riviera models as well as the standard interior consoles black vinyl for 1963 & 1964 models

If anyone has any questions feel free to call me and I am happy to discuss these new kits as I am very excited about them!!!

• Like 2

On 1/19/2021 at 2:39 AM, Bestoffercounts said:

On 9/16/2018 at 7:36 PM, RupesRivi said:

Just wanted to share a little something I have been working on for a while... I have a 1965 Riviera with the base interior. Nothing against the original wood kits, i think they look amazing. But when building a custom, i wanted to change things up a bit... The Rivieras are tricky when doing anything custom, as its dam near a perfect car as it is... I wish I could take all the credit for this but honestly it was the wife's idea. One day someone left a piece of furniture on the side walk for the trash man, and the wife walked buy it and snapped a picture of the grey/charcoal wood grain and sent it to me and said,  you should do the wood in the Riviera this color.....  

Thats when the snowball started falling...

s-l1600.jpg

None of the aforementioned these?

On 1/22/2021 at 1:07 AM, Bestoffercounts said:

All of the different kits for the different years and standard and deluxe interior will be posted on my website by the end of the weekend (www.bestoffercounts.com)

There will be many detailed pictures.

I just finished earlier this week getting the black vinyl to make the radio bezels for the 1965 Riviera models as well as the standard interior consoles black vinyl for 1963 & 1964 models

If anyone has any questions feel free to call me and I am happy to discuss these new kits as I am very excited about them!!!

The very first post RupesRivi, how did he get his counsole kit like that?

Dear RupesRivi,       Looks like a person(or persons) of limited cognitive abilities(talking bout myself here), read your post from years ago, saw the pic of your wood veneer, conflated it with BestOffer's response from years later, & then concluded that he/you were producing charcoal/grey veneers for our consumption! Upon closer inspection that was obviously an incorrect conclusion. The post date of Sept '18(?), along with the delayed response to multiple replies, were probably a tipoff that I missed. I did read your reply from 7 hrs ago, but maybe you could clarify the situation with more information.    Thanks, Drew.          note to self: check those post dates from now on