1965 Engine Compartment Rubber Baffles

48Super

I have a complete set of 1965 Riviera rubber engine compartment inner fender rubber baffle pieces that can be used for patterns. If anyone can use them, they are free for the postage which should not be much. You can use these to make your own set and then send them on to the next guy. The picture shows what I have and what they look like. Hopefully, someone can make use of them.

NOTE: These have been spoken for already.

Inner Fender Baffle Set 1.JPG

Edited by 48Super
Parts are no longer available. (see edit history)

3 hours ago, George, buick-riviera.pl said:

Tom

Tom - any chance if you make a set for yourself, that you will make a second for me ? Please PM me if yes. Thank you.

Hi George,

Apparently Konga Man sent a PM to Mike before I responded so I wont have the parts to make patterns, sorry,

Tom

Dave,

The following pictures show how these parts get installed. The first picture is the large piece on the right. It gets installed at the rear of the right inner fender. The portion with bottom most hole gets folded under the adjacent hole and a single retainer goes through both holes.  The next picture shows how the smaller baffle gets attached between the inner fender and the frame. The other end of this baffle gets positioned behind the lower part of the inner fender. There is a stiffener bracket back there with a hole in it. Position the hole in the baffle to line up with the hole on the bracket and install a retainer clip.The last picture shows the sheet metal cover in place over top of the baffles. The left side is similar, but the remaining larger baffle does not get folded, all three holes get a separate retainer.  I hope this helps, let me know if you need more info.

Right Side Upper Baffle.jpg (Medium).JPG

Right Side Lower Baffle.jpg (Medium).JPG

IMG_2378 (Medium).JPG

• Like 3