Rolls Royce (Hudson truck in background)

Xander Wildeisen

I thought the Rolls was the one from American Pickers.  As I remember, they paid sixteen grand for it on the show.  Absolutely nothing has been done to it.  Looks like a quick flip - from the pickers, or from the sucker who bought it from them?

I know they are in it to make money, but I remember them negotiating with the nice old lady owner and her son, and trying to beat them down.  The son wanted 20 grand and Mike was having none of that.  He went up to fifteen, the the mom said sixteen and he laughed and bought it.  If they (or the production company) are actually selling it, they may make some money if they get their asking price - which I doubt.  If this is a flip of a flip, I think the current owner will be underwater on the deal, big time.  I also remember the Packard coupe, in rough shape, they bought for twenty grand, added new tires and got it running, (it smoked like a chimney) and only got twenty-one for it, actually losing money.  Then there was Frank’s Plymouth coupe for which he paid about two grand more than it was worth.  Since both guys get big salaries, and I’m sure the show pays sellers to participate, no one is really losing any money.

I also love how they load all these valuable items in the back of their van after a pick.  No padding, no protection, just shove them in and drive off with a wave.  “Uh, Frank, I think our 2600 dollar, pristine porcelain sign just fell over onto the 37 Indian Chief frame.  Looks like the sign is dented and scratched, and the frame is crushed.”

• Like 1