1924 Cadillac Opera Coupe for sale

Boy that looks like alot of car for the money.  Looks very nicely restored, though I'm no expert,  so I couldn't say how correctly it's restored.  In US dollars that would be near  $24,500.   Wish they posted a 3/4 shot or something to see the rest of the body.  Would have been more important to a potential buyer than the shots of the Shop manual. 

• Like 2

It looks like a three passenger opera coupe, notice how small the rear seat back is?  They normally have a hat shelf on the left hand side of the rear seat.  I have come across about 6 of these three passenger coupes that Graham-Paige built.  Fixed driver seat, flip up passenger seat, I agree the price seems a little too good to be true...

1929 Graham-Paige Model 827

1929 Graham-Paige Model 827

Russell: See the first posting, which gives the direct link to the hosting seller site: Kijiji.

Because of the weak Canadian dollar compared to the U.S., the car seems a bargain to Americans. But it would not be an easy sale in Canada. These closed cars don’t generate a lot of excitement. The RM mat may indicate it was bought at an auction there, or somebody attempted to sell it at auction. The nickel era, it has been said before, does not attract a lot of purchasers. Even the touring (I have one) might not sell for a lot higher in Canada. But I agree this seems to be an attractively restored car.

Hi Joe

Well with the photos and information provided (or lack there of?) it a bit hard to make any call form 1/2 way round the world! I'll be at Hershey but I would not even consider going to Canada unless I thought I had enough info to make the trip potentially worth while.

I always find the serious sellers with nothing to hide (and that I might say is 99.9% of sellers), are very helpful with photos & information.

19 hours ago, R Holden said:

Hi Joe

Well with the photos and information provided (or lack there of?) it a bit hard to make any call form 1/2 way round the world! I'll be at Hershey but I would not even consider going to Canada unless I thought I had enough info to make the trip potentially worth while.

I always find the serious sellers with nothing to hide (and that I might say is 99.9% of sellers), are very helpful with photos & information.

Why not email the owner? It's all there in the ad, very easy to contact. It's directly south of Detroit within a 45 minute drive from the bridge!

23 hours ago, R Holden said:

Hi Joe

A car club in Canada called Antique and Classic Car Club of Canada has appraisers in the different regions. You could contact an appraiser from Chemical Valley Region  based in Sarnia and he may make an arrangement to look at it for you.  I have never heard a problem about any of the club appraisers over the years. If you need some help with a contact email me.      http://acccc.ca/home/index.php/contact-us

Yes, I have put several thousands of miles on my original, unrestored (was repainted decades before I bought it almost 30 years ago) '24. But if you are interested in buying the subject car, please call me. I see you posted a 1/2 hour ago, it is 11:00 PDT, I will be up until 12:30 or 1:00. These are very fine, well engineered cars, with absolutely no weak points whatsoever. Run strong and cool, very smoothly with the world's first inherently balanced V8, very good brakes for the era with a primitive ABS system. I will elaborate, but someone should treat themself to this car quickly. If it is you, call tonight or tomorrow , if you just want general info I can summarize for you.  

-  Carl. 206-790-6912 

FE1F3E19-C43F-4F54-85DD-5C7BF56A505F.jpeg

6256A5AB-0813-4371-B6F7-D4308D46E033.jpeg

B26B36A1-7365-4777-9125-90EF99A52E8E.jpeg

3882D391-ABE6-40E6-B489-E15E062D4C88.jpeg

Carl , you have a very nice looking car .i never had a car from the twenties , the oldiest i ever had was a 1932 packard that i regretfully sold some years ago.2 things can stop me first the wooden wheels , i am afraid that those make noises and sqeek , second the room behind the wheel as i am rather tall and will not fit behind the wheel .But i wish the buyer of this car all the luck he can have and so we are slowly moving to the winter after this long hot summer .Daniel 

Hi all

I have a number of early Cadillac's including a 1916 & 18 V8's both 7p touring  (hence my interest in this one) both sit on the road very nice and have great ''road manors" the 2 wheel brakes take a little forward planning inn the stopping department but are ever efficient.

Ed has said it a couple of times. Let  me try to clarify.  IT'S NOT ED'S CAR. He simply saw the ad on the internet and thought someone here might be interested. I do that myself sometimes as a service to other forum members. Contact information for the seller is in the ad.

Don

43 minutes ago, DLynskey said:

Ed has said it a couple of times. Let  me try to clarify.  IT'S NOT ED'S CAR. He simply saw the ad on the internet and thought someone here might be interested. I do that myself sometimes as a service to other forum members. Contact information for the seller is in the ad.

Don

BIT4TTM.gif

• Like 1

If you are serious, just email the owner. It's so easy, I can't understand your problems? If you are a real buyer just do as the ad asks. No money out of your pocket.

I post these ad's as a point of interest to members that are looking for cars, not to start arguements.! JUST CLICK ON THE AD if you want to buy, if not quit making lame excuses and drop it!!!!

• Like 2

No body said Ed was a scammer.

As has been pointed out several times, Ed found the ad and posted it here in case anyone (like me) was interested, if the ad is a scam them it is? I personally don't think the  seller responds to request or provides enough photo &  information to make an informed decision on where the car is worth travelling to view. That however is not Ed's fault or problem!

• Like 1