1947 Cadillac Conv.

Well here's another no-rust-never-had-rust Classic Car. That's right, a 47 Cadillac model 62 from California. Sold new at Don Lee Cadillac in LA, original stick shift car, ownership records back to 1950, former Robbins family car from Dearborn, MI. Yes, the late dear Katie Robbins. I remember when they got it in the 80s, the finish hasn't changed a lick since then. Every record of service is included with the car as is the delivery paper from Cadillac showing options, colors, etc. Currently Lotus Cream with green leather/tan cloth interior as pictured. Interior is lovely, no cracks, tears, hardly any wear whatsoever. Top is not new but there's not a thing wrong with it. No scuffs, tears, wear spots, cracking, just a really good black top. Hydraulics all work as they should. Radio lights up but doesn't play, stainless and chrome are well above average. The sheet metal is a dream come true, never a spot of rust, PERIOD. Frame and suspension are clean too without the typical eastern or midwest "bad complexion" from rust pits. Look at the pictures, ask questions. I'd say this car scores about 88-90 pts in judging. It runs, steers, stops and rides like, well, like a Cadillac. This car is very fairly priced at $68,500. That's on the low side of most price guides for this condition. Get it done in time and I'll deliver to Hershey for fuel cost (about $200). I can be reached here by DM or:

highlander809@gmail.com

phone or text at:

734 637 1421 (please leave a msg if no answer, I will return the call)004.thumb.jpg.0d7ea8aafc82f805d02f6505ebe40829.jpg005.thumb.jpg.89c2d035e4f6eb29c3e805a2dc740341.jpg

Edited by Highlander160 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Armed with lovely sunny but chilly Michigan weather she's taking us to lunch today. Hasn't been started in weeks and it was over a month then. Boom. Lights right up, but why shouldn't it? It's not a project it's a perfect tour condition car. Now if someone wanted the most perfect icon of a restored 47 Model 62 Conv this would likely be the lowest priced restoration ever done on one. "C'mon Jocko, you can't be serious. That nice?" Yes, but don't take my word for it, come and see for yourself. Or ask me to take an up close hi-res photo of something you'd like to see. I won't pick on the car that auctioned at Hershey last week but it brought $88K all in and needs things. I'm $20K less here and heavily documented as well. You'll be sorry you missed it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Now a days with so many sites it's smart to post all over.  Pulling it from any place,  just reduces your general audience.  Not the best sales move,  but it's up to you.

It's a beautiful car I would love to own but like many people that are on here daily,  I'm full of cars and out of cash.  You want to talk trades then maybe more takers.  I have a 36 Cord 810 phaeton that needs work that would be an even trade dollar/ value wise.  Are you interested?

I love the site, don't want to create the wrong impression. But like home sales, if it sits too long and doesn't sell "...must be something wrong with it.." is easy to set in. My Super Clipper was here for over 2 years. It's likely one of the very best deals in quality and price for a senior series Packard. Just short of 9000 views, yes nine thousand, and I still have it. I'm not interested in give away pricing that helps drive the values of everyone's car down. And the "...nobody wants these cars..." discussion is as wrong and boring as it was in the 70s. This Cadillac is pretty much a dream given the quality of the sheet metal and overall above average condition. Not lowering the price much either, especially since Hagerty has #1 at $134K, #2 at $92K, #3 at $59K. It's not a full 2 and above the average 3. Someone's going to be dancing in the street if they step up on this one. We can hold out. Thanks for the comments. 

And no, I can't trade because it's not mine but the Cord sounds interesting. You're welcome to send me a direct msg and we can discuss what you have. 

Super looking car as is your Packard. Good stuff at the prices they should bring can be slow sales for items that are not necessities. We all want the good stuff for less, me included, when it’s not something I have to buy.  I look at the really good stuff that’s posted here and their prices and dream this is what I will buy when my lottery ticket hits big.  That hasn’t happened yet!

At lest my comment will bump your add to the top!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Now that you've had time to reflect given our nation's current events, admit it. You want it. How upset would you be if you missed it when this virus gig is under control. Within a few days she's going for a joyride. Nothing else to do, no events, nowhere to stop and grab breakfast, so why not just enjoy the loveable solitude that a car like this can give you? Besides, she's due to stretch her legs anyways and I'll stop and get som envy pics along the way...😉

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Price drop, $60K firm. Having seen and heard of what's selling for what I have to think anyone serious is missing out, HUGE. 

This was after a weekend clean up. 

20191003_165559.jpg

20191003_165701.jpg

20191003_165757.jpg

And yes, the top, seat and windows all work as they should.

240.jpg

Not shown, the chassis got an enthusiastic power wash, left to dry a couple weeks, then some simple black touch ups here n there. It's actually better than I 1st thought. A sleeper kids, don't hesitate...😉