stakeside

Vacuum tank rebuild

What is material I can use to seal my vacuum tank. There is some slight pitting in the bottom.

49DA410A-CFA0-4A3F-A6C6-1121BFD4C3D5.thumb.jpeg.bf6edf47a268b74738d6553f7500dde3.jpeg838EC2CD-4F97-4A62-841B-95A13AEBCE3F.thumb.jpeg.3ce836b2f39eaf324894882a5879eddc.jpeg

Do you have a product name and a place to purchase. I noticed that “POR” has a product but not sure if it will perform well.

I used the POR product in the fuel tank of my Chev back in 2000 and it hasn’t caused any problems since. Although I have heard of some having problems with it but I tend to wonder how good their prep work was, I spent a lot of time  on prep

• Like 1

The beauty of POR-15 is a lot of prep work is NOT necessary as the liquid likes to bond to tight rust rather than nice, clean, metal.

And make sure you wear gloves when using POR, it sticks to your skin like sh*te. Takes a at least a week for it to wash off.

Oh well I’m wrong again ? I’m pretty use to that. Then again I probably didn’t have shiny metal as it was the inside of the tank but I did make sure there was no more rust flakes or tar black rubbishy stuff coming out and that did still take a lot of time. I also had the stop silhouette out of a tail light that was very corroded and fragile I dipped it in the left overs and it’s still in one piece too. Anyway good product.

• Like 1

i cleaned and de rusted my inner and outer tanks as well as the float.

Used model airplane dope, it is fuel proof.

Also sealed some pits in oil pan.