1953 Convertible project

After reviewing your hard work, I'll not let anyone tell me that my 1952 45R series baby Buick isn't worth the effort. Very inspirational progress.

This project is my therapy after working. I am trying to keep moving steadily forward it is has more twist and turns then I expected. Learning paint is a new experience . Thanks for all the  positive comments 

Stee 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The radiator strap has rusted where soldered to the upper tank. I had this repaired about a year ago; I am surprised to see this. Should I clean it up, use a rust encapsulator, and paint over this area?

I now need to locate or source all the correct bolts and washers needed. I am trying to locate all the needed parts when I take a break doing rust repair.  

The paint I used on the inner fenders is not very tough. I can scratch it very easy.  After I have the body ready and installed I might paint these with a different product. Part of the learning curve I guess.

Steve

install radiator.jpg

rust repair left fender.jpg

RR LR.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 195354 said:

The radiator strap has rusted where soldered to the upper tank.

Common problem from the acid a flux used.  Try the rust encapsulator.

• Like 1

I am trying to position the tab that welds on the floor for the power seat. I never had a good way to make a pattern on this before I removed what was left of the floor.  If anyone has a picture and a few measurements on the correct location, it would be a great help.  I have looked at my parts book and what I have for the track and I do not see how the seat track works, I must be short on a few key parts.   

Once this tab is in place I am done with the lower rust repair. Then I have rust in a few other places that need repair it is all high window frame and trunk upper seal area.

My seat track I am using for a pattern is not much good I have another one but it is in storage and buried  

Thanks

Steve

power seat mount.jpg

power seat trac 1.jpg

power seat trac.jpg

seat power 1.jpg

• Like 1

Your diff color is pretty darn close.  When I did my 1950 I believe I used Red Oxide primer as the paint.

Nice Job on your project.