1907 Ford Model R

I am looking for any information about the 1907 Ford Model R. I am

researching the car for the Tupelo (MS) Automobile Museum and I would

appreciate any help. Thanks

Guest FordPiet

I'm getting ready to go to a meeting, but if you send us the engine serial number and body number if available we have about a 1 in 4 chance of being able to tell you when it was shipped and to which dealer. Also, are you sure it is a Model R (i.e. 30 x 3 wheels, mechanical oiler driven off the camshaft (McCord 1907 for the R), rounded rather than pointed rear deck section, running boards and not step plates etc.? Are you starting from scratch on your investigation or do you already have the 1907 N, R, & S Parts reprinted parts book from Langs, along with their catalog with one page of parts etc. Have you visited Trent's website http://oz.plymouth.edu/~trentb/ModelT/N662/ModelN.html

etc.? Let us know so we will know what you need help with.

Also, if you are going to Hershey, try to attend our Model N, R, & S Ford meeting at 4 PM on Wed Oct 9 at the MTFCA booth spaces C4Q 38 - 39 at Hershey. We will discuss the cars, desired direction for the chapter, and ideas for the news letter for the upcoming year. If you would like to receive future copies of the news letters, please send us your e-mail address or if you prefer a hard copy, please include your mailing address.

Drop me an e-mail with further questions or ask here which ever you prefer. For e-mail remember to delete the "_removemefirst_" part of the e-mail address and it should work fine. Again, I have to run but there is a support group and some good information along with reproduction parts available from several sources (many of those will be at Hershey -- for example the transmission frames, gears, front springs (same as T taper leaf), etc.)

Good luck and looking forward to hearing from you.

Hap 1915 Model T cut off (1907 S Runabout in my Dad's garage)