Rockne33DLXRoadster

33 Rockne Grill wanted

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, studeq said:

I found it! 

 

im not sure a 32 will fit a 33?

Do you want me to print out that pict in 100% Size and stick it in front of my car?

Interessting alternative idea.... ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The parts book lists a different part numbers for 1932 and '33. Not sure why but must have been a difference though they look the same? Of course there was also a standard and deluxe shells.  

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I  BELIEVE  THE  ONLY  DIFFERENCE  ON  THE  SHELLS  FROM  1932  AND  33  WOULD  BE  THE  1932  HAD  HOLES  DRILLED  FOR  HEADLIGHT  WIRING  AND  THE  33  DID  NOT.    THESE  ARE  FOR  THE  SMALL  ROCKNES.  I  DONT  KNOW  ANYTHING  ABOUT  THE  75s.      DB. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked this one up a couple years ago,from a guy up north,he had 2 left,but they needed work,there rough...I will see if I can find his number...

rockne grille.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22. Dezember 2018 at 2:49 AM, MoparJack said:

I picked this one up a couple years ago,from a guy up north,he had 2 left,but they needed work,there rough...I will see if I can find his number...

rockne grille.jpg

 

I send you a pm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, when  i compare my grille with the picture Richard Quinn posted, i see my DeLuxe grille is black but these Standard Rockne Grille is chromed.

To be honest, i am confused now.

Who can bring light in these?

 

Thank you

Joe

Edited by Rockne33DLXRoadster (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2018 at 2:38 PM, studeq said:

The parts book lists a different part numbers for 1932 and '33. Not sure why but must have been a difference though they look the same? Of course there was also a standard and deluxe shells.  

Richard, you will note in your photo of the '32 Rockne "65" the electric cables from the headlights pass through the sides of the grill just under the headlight brackets. In the '33 Model "10" the wire was routed through the headlight base stanchion and under the fender. I'm pretty certain the two different part numbers indicate the '32 has two holes in it for those wires that the '33 does not.

1932 is part# 510829; 1933 is part# 511360. Canadian production 1933 used part# 511362. I have no idea what difference that would be.

PC260565.JPG

PC260567.JPG

PC260569.JPG

rocknegrille2.jpg

Edited by starlightcoupe (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's correct as well. And, as I've mentioned in the past, the headlights on your '33 were probably different because they were added in The Netherlands to a TKD (totally knocked down) import, which was required to have a certain quantity of European domestic parts.

 

1932 vs 1933

32-S.jpg

33-S1.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rockne33DLXRoadster said:

By the way, when  i compare my grille with the picture Richard Quinn posted, i see my DeLuxe grille is black but these Standard Rockne Grille is chromed.

To be honest, i am confused now.

Who can bring light in these?

 

Thank you

Joe

I've never seen one with the vertical slats chromed; and the '32 photo Richard posted is the Standard, not Deluxe model. That grill was either a very special order, someone had it chromed, or it's simply body color and so highly polished the black and white photo simply appears chromed.  Certainly would look nice chromed. You can do that. 🤩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, starlightcoupe said:

That's correct as well. And, as I've mentioned in the past, the headlights on your '33 were probably different because they were added in The Netherlands to a TKD (totally knocked down) import, which was required to have a certain quantity of European domestic parts.

 

1932 vs 1933

32-S.jpg

33-S1.jpg

 

Yes, Headlights are wrong. The Brackets and the spherical bracket with the 4 rivets and the big bolt in the middle are original.

In older times someone changed the Buckets, lens, reflector only.

My brackets are chromed, maybe it's a deluxe option also

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now