New format for Forum

Why did you change from one of the best formats for a forum to the clutsey one that is no being used.

The old format was easy to navigate between topics and forums, this format makes me use 6 clicks to get from a topic to another forum while I could do it with one click before. Please go back to the old format.

• Like 1

While I hate change as much as about anybody, and I was not involved in the last forum software change, or the software selection, it has been about 3 years since the last forum software change. I don't even remember what in the current forum software was different in the prior software. Can you please explain what you are talking about?

In the previous format, I could change forums at the bottom of the topic or the top of the topic with one click. Now I have to go to the top of the topic and use an icon that takes me one level back.

In the Lincoln V-12 Forum to get to the Ford forums I have to click "Topic Listing" then "Lincoln and Zephyr", then "Ford Products" to get to Ford Products Forum. I used to be able to just click on "Ford Products" at the bottom of a post to change to the Ford Forums.

I also don't like the large font being used, but I could live with that.

At the bottom of this page using Google Chrome, I see navigation that I can click on to go to "Home" which sounds like what you are talking about. I have never used it, but it is there. Beyond that, I don't understand what would bring this question up after 3 years of this forum software?

• Like 1

Thanks for your answers. I used Chrome and Edge browsers and did not see any change from the way that I liked to see the forums. The problem seems to be with Firefox and may be due to some setting in my options. Firefox has been working fine for all of my usual browsing, so I did not suspect it. I will investigate my settings to see if I can fix it.

The AACA forums have the best format for the end user of any of the forums that I visit. It is so easy for the end user to post and read posts as well as navigate between forums. When it did not look the same, I was upset that a change had been made.

• Like 1

Tom, you should know that there are times that we have NO CHOICE but to change software.  Changes in technology and most importantly safeguards to protect our servers and website demand that we do so.  No change is made for the sake of change.  Our last major change was due to our software no longer being supported and other changes updates are due to make the site safer.  Our current software provider for the forums is a leader in the industry. 

Steve, I completely understand that changes in software need to be made in order to keep up with security and performance issues. The last big change made to the Forum software made this Forum the most user friendly one that I have found. Your current software provider has done a great job of keeping this Forum user friendly and free from spam.

When the changes that I liked disappeared from my screen, I was disappointed and showed my displeasure. When other users pointed out that they did not see any changes, I did what I should have done before posting, use another browser to see if the same problem was present with it. It turned out that I had made what I thought was a temporary change in the way that I viewed a topic, carried over into my new sessions. This was the only site that showed up that way, so I assumed that a software change was made.

I apologize for jumping to conclusions before doing any investigation as to the cause of the problem.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...