Sign in to follow this  
bjestes

First trip to Hershey

First trip with car to show.  I am confused about on field facilities.  Are there spaces available for tow/RV vehicles.  Do I drop trailer in one place and then have to find a campground? Brochure says this is controlled by Hershey Recreation.  Do I have to contact them before, or is it done at arrival?  Just wondering.

1.  If you are showing a car there will be trailer parking.  You should have checked that off on your registration card.  There will be signs directing you.

2.  If you are not showing a car and want to park your RV on site they yes, you register when you arrive and again there will be signs directing you.

Your post is a little confusing as to your needs so please call me at 717-534-1910 and I can help you better.

Called nat'l headquarters and seemed to have got all info.  Just wasn't sure about RV accommodations on site. Thanks.

Dear Bjestes,

You should read numbers 4 & 5 of the "Vendors registration information".

Just make sure you are in the right place

Mike

Screen shot 2018-09-04 at 3.19.06 PM.png

Just a heads up 48woodie, Hershey region has a new web site address at   http://hershey.aaca.com/

It looks like you may still be using the old web site from the image you posted.

The main page on the old Hershey Region web site says "***For current information about the Hershey Region & the Eastern Fall Meet
please visit our new website*** @ http://hershey.aaca.com.

It appears that the information about the flea market may not have changed much on the new web site

Fall Meet Vendor Information but it would still be a good idea to start using the new web site to avoid any problems.

Charlie

That's fine, except I'm not a vendor, I'm showing a car, towed with a RV.  Being new to this trip, I was trying to get an idea of where things are located, how far to walk, what accommodations are available, etc.  Do I have to park far from registration, is the Hershey Campground close, what are the fees, etc.  Honestly, my first impression is that everyone else assumes you should know by reading a vague brochure, with no reference to a map, where to go and how to get there.  I'm sure after being there for a day it will all seem easy--or not.

bjestes,

If your RV does not require any hookups (ie self contained)  there is RV/Camper parking area available starting Friday, October 5th, and is located on the north side of Hersheypark Drive between Sand Beach Road and Hotel Road. There are plenty of signs to direct you to this RV Parking area.The cost is $55.00 per night, and you must pay for each night through Sat., Oct. 13th., starting on the day you arrive. No reservations are taken. Ample parking available for RVs and vehicles being towed on or in a trailer. You can keep your trailer hitched to you RV if you like and park that way. There is a trailer on-site in this lot where you go to get you paperwork for your RV spot and pay for it. They do accept credit cards if you want to pay for your spot that way. The nice thing about using this lot is that you can walk down to Hotel Road, cross Hersheypark Drive and you walk right into the upper corner of the "Red" swap meet field. On Saturday you can exit this lot onto Hotel Road and turn right onto Hersheypark Drive then follow the signs to the car show. This lot is within easy walking distance to the local Red Robin restaurant and some other establishments.

The following is an aerial map of the RV Parking area

Other maps published by Hershey Region can be found here.

Be advised that this lot is only for RVs that are self-contained and do not require hookups.

I hope this helps.

Charlie

Edited by charlier (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Bjestes,

FYI, We are in the Red Field as a vendor near the RV Parking mentioned above. It is convenient to everything. Also there are showers for small fee in the Field house next to the football stadium in Red field. We dry camp  from Tuesday till Saturday and have not run out of water since I started RVing at Hershey with my parents in the 1970's. As long as you have a good house battery, all is fine. Sometimes it is cold enough to run the furnace at night but never hot enough to need AC at night. If running the furnace, I will fire up the engine to charge the batteries in the morning. As long as you conserve water by using the shower house or "Navy showers" in the RV, all is good. Their is a full hook up  campground down the road a ways but very expense and I believe the buses run only till 5 Pm or so. 

Tom Muth

Cincinnati, Ohio

Thanks.  I'm getting a "feel" for everything.  I understand the trailer parking is off Boathouse road, and the RV is different, as described above?  I'm trying to decide if the show car should be kept with RV for normal sightseeing until the show on Sat. or risk the buses.  Or, is there room for a 'tow' vehicle and RV?  Any thoughts?

Thanks.

bjestes, 

My apologies if I did not explain it very well in my post above.

Yes, the free trailer parking is off Boathouse road.  You could drop your trailer there and park your RV elsewhere if that is what you want to do.

OR You can park your RV and the trailer with your car on/in it in the RV lot I posted about above. A LOT of people do this and some of them use the car during the week to get around Hershey then take it to the show on Saturday. Friends of mine and fellow AACA members have been bringing their RV to Hershey for the last few years, sometimes with a car trailer, sometimes not. They use the lot I posted about above. I stay with them and we walk the flea market fields during the week and go to the show on Saturday. This year (like last) I am driving my DPC car to Hershey. I park my car behind their RV and we use it to go to dinner, etc. On Saturday I will give them a ride over to the show (they are not bringing a car this year). When they register their RV they also get a $10 parking pass for my car. I am not sure if you need one of thee passes for your car (if you are going to drive it in/out of this lot) so you should  probably check with the Hershey people when you register your RV.

BTW, I forgot to mention in my post above a few other things about this RV lot.  If your RV has a generator you can run it during designated hours when using this RV lot. I believe the hours for running generators is on the paperwork you receive when you register. The Hershey people are there on-site each night pretty late so if you get to Fall Hershey after dark you can still register with them. At night you cannot miss their trailer because they use a generator to run portable lights to light up that part of the field. IIRC their generator runs all night so you should avoid parking your RV near their trailer unless the noise from their generator does not bother you.

Bottom line is: If your RV is self contained I truly believe that this lot will work out VERY well for you.  

If you do decide to use this lot please post the year, color, make and model of the car you will have with you. 

That way I can find you and introduce myself to you.

Charlie

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, bjestes said:

Thanks Charlie.  Bringing a 39 Pontiac cvt., black.

You're welcome. Hope to see you at Hershey in a few weeks. 

Charlie