Chrome Shops

13CADDY

I have the worst luck with chrome shops--had my stuff at a shop in Dayton, Ohio--they told me that was the best they could do & i'd have to live with it--so I took my stuff down to Nashville,T, to Advanced Plating--decided to call this A.M. , well guess what, it burned to the ground Saturday--I can't win---Tom

2 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Mr. Caddy, are you asking for recommendations

for a good chrome-plating company?

If you don't mind shipping your pieces, or taking them

while you're at Hershey, I can recommend Librandi's Plating in 

Middletown, Pennsylvania.  They advertise, I'm quite sure,

in our AACA magazine.

GREAT WORK! 

I started to use this shop. It is a mom and pop shop.

The still use copper.

I found it after looking thru my dads stuff..

The do everything.. So if you look at their web site they do not tell you that you can get everything done here.. 

I think that part was 65.00 plus tax.. They took all the dents out and redid it..

chrome.JPG

IMG_1330.JPG

IMG_1329.JPG

Edited by nick8086 (see edit history)

I built a custom exhaust system for a car that was to be entered in the roadster show out here. The owner wanted the system chrome plated. It was sent to one of the chrome shops in a State just below us here in Idaho. Some how the exhaust system got lost on the trip to the chrome shop. They were able to find it, got dropped off at a car dealers business along the way???? System was plated and dropped back off at my shop. Car was being put back together, got to get it done for the show, clock is ticking. Go to put the exhaust system in, and guess what??? It does not fit. Someone put the pipes in a exhaust bender and changed the angles. Now this put the owner of a business in a tight spot. Owner of the car says wtf, paid you to make a system, paid for chrome. Shop owner is forced to redo the system and plating. Chrome shop says, we have know idea, we did not do anything??? Maybe they did not do anything, maybe businesses are being put in the middle of things, used, to make things happen. To cause others problems, I bet the owner of that car knew what was going on the whole time. Do not get me started on wire wheels, tires going flat, messed up computer programming, wrong parts shipped and so on. Might have found a building to lease, joined a small business council in the chamber. Have been talking about businesses being targeted. Lots of good stuff might be talked about out here. Sorry to hear your chrome parts got burnt up, some of these parts can not be replaced very easy 

There are pictures of the Advance Plating fire on the H.A.M.B. site. The building looks like a Butler type building. As a retired firefighter I can tell you that fighting a fire in those type buildings is like fighting a fire in a tin can. We once had a fire in a metal storage facility and the steel was actually glowing red in the area that was burning. Hope Advanced Plating can survive and rebuild.