kdancy

Is Narragansett Reproductions still in business?

I can not get anyone on the phone (after multiple calls) and can not get their website mail to work.

I just called RIWire and was told that the owner of Narragansett passed away a few weeks ago. His son is now running the business.

Looks like we will have to put a stop on payment and order from someone else. RI wiring can't build the harness we need for a 57 Studebaker GH.

Lark Works specializes in Studebaker Harnesses so I'll give them a shout.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 9:27 AM, kdancy said:

I just called RIWire and was told that the owner of Narragansett passed away a few weeks ago. His son is now running the business.

Looks like we will have to put a stop on payment and order from someone else. RI wiring can't build the harness we need for a 57 Studebaker GH.

Lark Works specializes in Studebaker Harnesses so I'll give them a shout.

It's my understanding from talking for the owner of RI Wire Service many decades ago that the owners of both companies are brothers who worked together and then split and set up competing companies.

If I'm wrong, then just caulk this up to auto restoration rumor #12 for the day.

Paul

I’m curious, if the son is continuing on, running the business, why wouldn’t you just have them make the harness? 

• Like 1

Paul, as far as I know what you said about the two brothers and the parting of ways is a true story. I never visited the Narraganset  shop but did visit R.I Wire about 30+ years ago when a few of us used our old cars to drive from long island to Rhode Island to view the attractions, mansions etc. On that trip I took the 41 Packard 120 woody wagon I owned that you worked on, and friends brought their 33 Chevy coupe and Jim and Bev Cox came in a post war 1960s Buick . R.I. Wire has good quality stuff.

I had no problems with. Three high quality harnesses in the past including a 39 Chevy COE

harness they made from  a pieced together harness I sent them. The son was set up on

the orange field at Hershey this year and plans to continue with business