1948 Cadillac

jdantonio

Hello all,

I was hoping someone here could tell me what who is the right "forum" to look up some information about a car i acquired. I recently picked up a 48 Cadillac 60 special. What makes the car special is the fact that it has a roof made by the Derham Body Company. I was wondering where I could personally go or call or write to possibly to see how many of these cars were made. I would like to know how many of the 48s Derham took to custom build. I just want to know for my own curiosity. I know from experience that Derham was a custom ordered piece from clients. So I'm thinking not many from that year. Also I would like to find out how many in the color of the car was built like that if any. 

Thank you for your help, the more help the better. 

J. D., welcome to the forum!

This is a good place to inquire, since people here are

very knowledgeable.  Do you have a picture or two

to post here?  That might be a helpful start.

As to color, that would probably have to come from

Derham records, if they still exist.  Since these vehicles

were built to order, I don't think it would be uncommon

for all cars of a specific Derham model to have different

colors.

I would look in Roy Schneider's book, Cadillacs of the Forties, to see if he has anything on this.  (I have my copy somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.  Will update if I do.)

You might also try the Cadillac LaSalle Club forum: http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org

There is some useful information on Derhams, including post-war Cadillac Derhams, here: http://www.coachbuilt.com/bui/d/derham/derham.htm

Edited by 1935Packard (see edit history)