Old buick motor and transmission?

JasonRbass

You should have a serial number on an ID tag on the carburetor side of the engine.   Any numbers there? 

Does anyone know when Buick stopped driving the water pump with the separate gear off of the camshaft?  

Jason,   It would be good to know if the motor turns over, but the early waterpumps are driven by a gear off the camshaft, and if you try turning a motor over and the water pump is frozen, you will ruin the timing gear.   On these old Buicks, it is best to remove the water pump before attempting to rotate the motor.   

Hugh

• Like 1

Hi Jason. Welcome ! The radiator shell is 1930. The serial number is stamped low and aft on the r.h. side. It is above the starter, and to the rear of the water pump. Lift the cover and take a look at the rocker assembly. Show us a few pics of that. Don't try to turn the engine  without step by step guidance here.   -  Carl 

982574F5-215F-419C-A7CC-3C7998E8A735.jpeg

83913D11-E90B-4AE3-81D4-EB46BAF0C533.jpeg

• Like 1

Ok i wiil...and i still gotta post pic of under valve cover as somebody suggested...i looked for the numbers on the block yesterday couldn't find em...gonna go back to it this evening with some sort of spray to try n clean the block a little to expose the numbers...sad news is i looked the hole thing over pretty good and noticed that the carb and a few other parts are badly cracked 

So but other than trying to find out as much as i can about this thing im also trying to find someone who'd like to buy it for whatever they deem a fair price...theres gotta be somebody out there who needs parts off it or is interested in restoring it...its just sitting along with some old frames and a chevy truck cab n its all just going to waste sitting here...would so much rather have somebody who needs/appreciates this stuff own it...ive looked n looked online for a site to get rid of it but no luck...craigslist has gotten me nowhere lol