Identify this Zephyr part please. Sorry, double post.

Beltfed

Cleaning up garage and taking inventory of parts for the ‘38 coupe that’s been up on stands for 5 years.  I’m thinking I may not have the tallent or funds to complete her.  Anyway, I purchased this part from somewhere and wrote “1938 left rear inner fender”” on it.  Looking at car, I can’t see where it could fit the ‘38.  Those anyone recognize this piece and know what it fits.  Thanks.

C831976E-57EC-48F2-8EE5-C8836917D6CF.jpeg

Edited by Beltfed (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

This is not a very timely reply!  I got on one of the Lincoln forums a few years ago and mentioned getting my car running with the 1952 Lincoln OHV V8 engine that was in it when I got it, and was severely chastised for not having the original V-12 in it., so, I went away.   I'm just now getting back to working on my Lincoln.  Now, for the subject at hand------.  This  bears a striking resemblance to the part on my 48 Continental.  Today we think of an inner fender as that contoured part that goes over the top of the wheel to protect the real fender from flying debris.  On my Lincoln, the part you have would be stood upright (the end to the right, up in the air) inside the rear fender behind the wheel, and bolts from the body would go through the 2 holes to secure it in place to keep dirt and debris from hitting the fender, taillight, etc.  There also was rubber/fabric pieces on your piece on the top and outside  to keep it from rubbing steel on steel with the fender.  Those pieces look like pieces of garden hose that were split and stuck on there.  You may be a Lincoln expert--I'm not, I'm just telling you what I've seen standing under my Lincoln.  If I'm way off base, I'm sorry. (My piece like yours had an electric fuel pump bolted to it!)

Hi, Model T Mike, What year and model is your Lincoln  /  Zephyr with the 52 Lincoln OHV. V8 engine?   I have a 1926 Model T Coupe fitted with a 1938 Ford V8 60 17 stud 2200cc/136cu.in.engine. [smaller capacity than model T  at 2900cc ]  Its been in there since 1955, 63 yrs  I get a bit of stick for that too! but its part of  history now!  Have driven it 5000 mls. last 6 years. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's a 1948 Continental Cabriolet.   The story I got when I bought  it was that  the same family that bought it new, took it to the Lincoln dealership in 1952, when Lincoln came out with an overhead valve V-8, and had the current  motor installed.  It was in dry storage for over 35 years when I bought it.  I have a V-12 sitting on the shop floor, but, I'm going to get the car drivable and enjoy it a while before I rebuild and install the V-12.  I'm not a hot rod guy and don't plan to modify my Lincoln any more than it has already been.  Even with that 1952 engine, it's still 6 volt, positive ground!   I'm glad you have a T you can enjoy.  The T that I enjoy the least, is the only car I've ever restored to number one condition.  It' a senior show car that lives in an enclosed trailer inside the shop.  It takes a week before a big show just to polish all the brass.  I enjoy building cars and driving them more than polishing!

At least its a Lincoln motor in a Lincoln. The flathead V8 Cadillac was a popular engine swap in Lincoln Zephyrs  back in the day.   There was a red 37 Lincoln Zephyr coupe some time back for sale on this forum with a 52 Lincoln OHV.  motor with 2 stage auto. and hydraulic brakes. Would have been an interesting drive, the  under hood pic. looked impressive.

My Model T coupe has a 40 Ford 3 speed column change g/box, 38 steering box, 40 hydraulic brakes with Model A back end. All fitted straight into factory Model T frame, springs, body, interior. A drivable fun car .   May post a pic. later. 

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see your T.  I haven't spent much time on the computer lately.  I've been in South Carolina working on my Lincoln (and other things).   I accomplished my goal for this trip.  Yesterday I started it, drove it out of the shop and around the pasture enough to determine that the clutch works, all the gears work, and no apparent rear end problems.  I'm heading back to Florida this weekend, so, It'll be a couple of months before I get back to it.