justinsdad

Fender repair/ headlight bucket/ fabricators?

Hi all

We've gotten through the bulk of the mechanical overhaul on our rig: It's basically been rebuild from a mechanical perspective.  It's got new brakes and lines all the way around, new fuel lines, freshly lined tank, rebuild card, new motor(!), rebuilt generator and starter.

In running the new headlight wiring, I realized how rough the upper fenders and headlight buckets are (see attached photos).  The rest of the fenders are in great shape, it's just the top of the fenders by the headlights, where mud and crap cakes up from the wheels that's all rusted out.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has a source for either (preferably) repair panels for the front fenders of a '47 Pontiac Torpedo, or complete fenders.  If the fenders are complete, they can be pretty well dented up - I'm thinking we'll cut out the headlight buckets and weld/ braze that section into our existing fenders.

I posted in parts wanted as well, but thought I'd cover my bases here by asking about fabricators who might have patterns for these fenders - they definitely don't have to be original, but I would prefer if they were steel (e.g. not fiberglass replacements).

Thanks in advance!

Rubin

IMG_20180827_095128 - resized.jpg

IMG_20180827_095202 - resized.jpg

IMG_20180827_095215 - resized.jpg

IMG_20180827_095238 - resized.jpg

Hi pont35cpe

Thanks for the info, I just tried to call them and they're closed until after Labor day :(  I'll try them again next week, but their parts listing stopped at 1950.

Rubin

29 minutes ago, justinsdad said:

Hi pont35cpe

Thanks for the info, I just tried to call them and they're closed until after Labor day :(  I'll try them again next week, but their parts listing stopped at 1950.

Rubin

I just put a post in your "wanted" ad, pair of fenders on ebay. Listed seperately, same seller, "buy it now" or "make offer".