1958 CHEVY APACHE

Good afternoon,

I have a 1958 Chevy Apache.  It was suggested that I get in contact with vintage or classic car or truck clubs to see if there is a market for an antique Chevy Apache. 

This '58 Chevrolet Apache patina pick-up truck is a project lover's dream! Great restoration project for any vintage truck enthusiast. Perfect for making a real 'ratlook' out of it! Minor rust and dings, has a clean title, does not run. Have the time of your life and glow with pride upon completion and restoration of one of the most sought after classics in years!   $10,000.00 OBO (or best offer) -- Anyone interested?

'58 Apache - 1.jpg

'58 Apache - 2.jpg

'58 Apache - 3.jpg

Mr. Seller,

Someone, somewhere will be interested in your truck

if the price is right.  It's certainly collectible.  (I'm not in

a position to assess the value.)  Advertising on this forum

is a start;  but advertising in Hemmings Motor News

(magazine and internet site) remains the foremost way

for reaching many serious car and truck enthusiasts.

Their website is www.hemmings.com.

While you advertise here, be sure to add some contact

information, such as a phone number.

All the best to you in your sale!

Craigslist is probably the best market for this type of truck.  While Hemmings and other international sites get you good exposure the cost of shipping will prohibit many buyers from persue-ing it on a national level.  There are alot of trucks on the market so one needs to really stand out to sell on a national market either in price or options / rarity.  

I sold my turnkey 49 Chevy 3100 on the neighboring craigslist.  They are also free so you have only time invested in advertising. 

Good luck.

I don't see any negative comments just good advice. The truck does look like a good candidate for restoration but at the right price. The truth of the matter is that there is most often a large gap between what folks feel that there vehicle is worth and what the customer is willing to pay. As any vehicle, it's only worth what someone will pay for it. Real restorations today seem to be for the love of the vehicle, not it's return value!

I had a chance to buy this one three years ago for $4,500.00. A few rust thrus on the fenders but it ran like new. Smooooooooth. New brakes and tires too. Could of probly put a new seat cover on it and drove it for a few years as is. Maybe I should of bought it?

IMG_4269a.jpg

Apache1.jpg

Apache2.jpg

Apache3.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, billorn said:

I had a chance to buy this one three years ago for $4,500.00. A few rust thrus on the fenders but it ran like new. Smooooooooth. New brakes and tires too. Could of probly put a new seat cover on it and drove it for a few years as is. Maybe I should of bought it?

IMG_4269a.jpg

Apache1.jpg

Apache2.jpg

Apache3.jpg

That one would have been in my garage at that price.  Trucks are hot,  but there is a big supply of them as well,  so one being sold has alot of competition on the market place.  This one would have been an 8500 truck in the east where I am.  Atleast that's where I would have priced it and probably sold it,  especially with a new seat cover.   I also would have ditched those front fender lights and just plugged the holes with body colored plugs or a round head big machine screw or something.  I know they are factory accessories,  but tacky as can be especially when in such poor shape. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, jpage said:

I don't see any negative comments just good advice. The truck does look like a good candidate for restoration but at the right price. The truth of the matter is that there is most often a large gap between what folks feel that there vehicle is worth and what the customer is willing to pay. As any vehicle, it's only worth what someone will pay for it. Real restorations today seem to be for the love of the vehicle, not it's return value!

You are a bit late to the party. There was a negative post that was removed.

• 1 year later...
On 8/24/2018 at 7:57 AM, billorn said:

IMG_4269a.jpg

Apache1.jpg

Apache2.jpg

Apache3.jpg

Beautiful truck! Don't worry about it. We've all let great deals get away for one reason or another. I feel your pain🙂  After I bought my '54 Ford wagon 15 years ago for $4500, I saw an ad on ebay for not one but TWO very nice looking 'black '49 Buick four doors for like $8500. YIKES!  They were in California and the owner said they ran good. I wish I could forget those cars. 🙁

I inherited a 57  Apache with I believe a 6 cylinder three speed in 2014. In a little worse shape than the OP' s.  Desert truck near Bakersfield,Ca..  Did not want to try to drag it back to Illinois so I sold it for $500 and considered myself ahead.

Edited by plymouthcranbrook (see edit history)