WTB: 1961-1963 Dynaflow Torque Converter

Misterbuickguy

• 4 years later...

@MisterbuickguyDid you ever manage to find the part you needed?  Russ at nailheadbuick.com seems to be a good source of parts and information for the Dynaflows.  He has some parts for sale that are not listed.

My reason for replying to your post is that I'm wondering if you can help me out?...

Can you tell me how the ring gear on your piece in the top right of your photo (converter pump housing) is attached?  I need to replace my ring gear and I understand that you first have to remove the whole pump assembly (which means taking care of a bunch of parts that come dislodged when it's removed?) and then from your photo it looks as if the gear is bolted behind the flange of the pump casing ?   Does that mean that the whole converter needs to come apart to remove the ring gear? thanks

Mark

While this is a 4 year old thread maybe the OP will get a message and revisit this topic. But, while I have no experience directly with the 63 Dynaflow I believe that ring gear is heated to expand it and then placed on the housing, not bolted to it. In the picture what looks like studs from the back are the machined holes for the converter's front cover.  As such,  if you could find a ring gear it may be changeable without taking the converter apart. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...