1964 300 fly wheel

Can any tell me if the fly wheel on a 300 motor with a 400 trans. is the same fly wheel on all automatics for 64. Some how Ive lost the fly wheel when I changed shops. I ask if anyone had one on the parts sight and a guy said he did but it was off of a car with a 300 trans. Is it the same?

First off, you don't say WHAT ST300 or what ST400 you have and what motor you are putting it on. If you have a 300 motor, no ST400 flywheel is going to work because the ST400 was only bolted to nailheads and the 401/425 nailhead flywheel did not interchange with the 300 CID motor. If you have a 401 with a ST300 then the ST400 flywheel will interchange. I believe it will that is.

Sorry, If I was unclear the motor is a 300ci. w/ 4 barrell carb. and a st 400 trans. Thats the way it came. Ive got the original window sticker. Also a sales book sayig new for 64 400 Super Turbine on lesabre only it was teamed with the wildcat 355 thats the motor thats in it. Why the 4 barrell was called the 355. And the 2 barrell 300 motors were called wildcat 310 is beyond me? Thanks for your help.

The 310 and 355 are the torque rating. On the ST400 being in the Skylark. I am by no means an expert on these things. But GM put no three speed autos in the "A" body till 1967. The 65/66 Gran Sport with a 401 didn't even have a ST400! What I am thinking that you have some sort of trailer towing or heavy duty ST300. Get under the car and see where the modulater valve is and in what direction it is pointing. That will clear it up.

Hi...............,

I too have a '64 with the 300ci and a three speed trans,which i also am certain, after a lot of figuring and help from other forum bods, is the original set up, so yes

it is likely you have the 355 wildcat with the st400,

not to down play other people who have offered me help on this , but mark a.k.a.

dcm422remove@aol.com has been VERY helpful and imformative on trans stuff......hope you get your flywheel sorted!! smile.gif

WARDY..................

'64 LE SABRE......BIG AND WALLOWY..............GREAT

According to my 1975 parts book. All 64-75 300-340-350 automatics use the same flywheel p/n 1230923. It should be a dual pattern so it can bolt to st300, th350 and th400 convertors.

There may have been earlier p/n's, but seems like all have been superceded by the one above. My guess would be that all later ones should interchange. Should not be too hard to locate.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Sounds like a 300 cu in with an automatic trans flywheel will fit your needs. I am have a 64 Skylark Convertible with a 355 and a Super Turbo 300 trans. I am replacing the automatic with a 4-speed. I will have the automatic flywheel available in a couple weeks. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks everyone for all your help. One of the post by Jerry is a Freind of mine and brought the Hollander by today to show me what he found with the part number.1363870 if anyone has this part number Ill take it. Im putting the car back together and this is really holding me up. Thanks again for all your help. And hope to here from someone soon with this part number. Thanks Tim.