1989 Buick Reatta- Alternator Voltage Regulator Connector Wiring

Honolulu City Lights

Hi Folks,

My 1989 Reatta's alternator voltage regulator plastic connector needed replacement as the plastic clip holding the connector to the voltage regulator broke off.

Got a replacement pigtail and removed the wiring pin connectors from the old connector to the new one instead of cutting and soldering the new wires with the new connector.

As you look down at the installed alternator with the voltage regulator connector installed on the alternator what colored wires are in the connector from left to right.

When removing the pin connectors from the old brittle connector, had a bit of time getting the wires out as the old connector started to crumble and the pins were somewhat difficult to remove.

Just want to be sure the wires are in the right spots.

Should've taken a photo of the connector before taking it apart, but the thought occurred to me much later after I moved the wires to the new connector.

By the way, there's a seller on eBay currently selling the wiring diagram schematics for the 1989 Reatta for $13.34. Schematics are on oversized pages for easy reading- https://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-BUICK-RIVIERA-REATTA-OVERSIZED-WIRING-DIAGRAMS-SET/391731315842

Thanks for the help.....appreciate it.

Edited by Honolulu City Lights (see edit history)

Sorry but the information in the service manual does not show a picture of the connector,  the schematic just shows the heavy red wire going to the battery terminal and that is a lug.

the small red and grey wires go to the regulator..........it does show red going to the "L" terminal and grey going to the "F" terminal but I don't know if that marking is on the connector.