SOLD For Sale 1959 Olds Spinner "Flipper" Hubcaps

junkmanjr

Sold

Set of Oldsmobile "flipper" hubcaps plus 1. This is a nice set of 4 and 1 very beat up extra (top hubcap in first pic). These take the special wheel with clips to mount I don't have any of that just the hubcaps. I've seen them called 15s or 14s to clear any confusion up mine would fit on the 15 inch wheels on my truck providing they would mount and to be safe I measured them with a tape across and they came in a little under 16 inches in diameter. So I'm going to call these 15s. They aren't perfect but have minimal dents or dings. In my opinion the best 2 are the lower 2 in the first pic and the other 2 are where most of the minimal flaws are. I'm not even taking into consideration the shape of the extra it's basically free for a wall hanger or for an extra spinner if you need it. On a scale of 1-10 I would call these a strong 8 or 8.5. $150 shipped in the lower 48 States.

Welcome to call or text me 865-755-3114 I work nights  (usually easier to reach me before noon or after 8p)

KIMG1480.JPG

KIMG1481.JPG

KIMG1482.JPG

KIMG1483.JPG

KIMG1484.JPG

KIMG1491.JPG

KIMG1486.JPG

KIMG1487.JPG

KIMG1488.JPG

KIMG1489.JPG

KIMG1490.JPG

Edited by junkmanjr
Sold (see edit history)

Hi there, These are nice 1959 Oldsmobile Hubcaps, but I have a question to ask. How come Olds never included a hole for the Valve Stem to poke through? The 58 and 59 (shown above) Spinner Hubcaps plus the 1960 Olds Hubcaps never had a Hole. Olds included one for 1961 but the 1962 and 1963 Spinner Hubcaps again missed out again. I live in Australia and we don't see many Oldsmobile here, as they were not sold here after 1949. I have been collection American Hubcaps, and have the ones in the attached picture in my collection. I am missing the 1962 Olds Spinner Hubcap. I have purchased these from eBay over a period of time, but with the cost of the hubcaps plus the postage, I don't think that I will be adding to this collection. Back to the subject, do owners of these model Oldsmobile have to remove the hubcap every time they wish to check the Tyre Pressure?If that is true, after a few years of taking off and putting back on, surely they would loose their original grip and be subject to falling off during travel. I would like to read comments on this subject, "no hole for the Valve Stem". Thank you.

DSCN6969.JPG

Hi, I assume you're aware of the special long retaining clips Olds used to attach those non-valve stem hole wheelcovers to the rims. I don't know why Olds never put holes in their deluxe wheelcovers for the valve stems but it's not necessary to remove the covers to check tire pressure, you just pull the cover away from the rim to get a tire gauge or inflator in there. I admit it is somewhat inconvenient. If the long retaining clips are intact and the round metal attaching donut on the inside of the cover is solid and not rusted or damaged you should be able to snap the covers away from the rim indefinitely and as often as necessary. 

IMG_7618.JPG

Hi 55er, Thanks for the clarification on how these wheel covers are mounted. When these cars were new, very few were seen over here in Australia. I do remember a 1962 Olds 98 Convertible that was converted to Right Hand Drive, and it had the small "dog dish" style hubcaps. In recent years, a few similar Olds have been imported, some with these "holeless" wheel covers, and i always thought how inconvenient it would be to check the tyre pressure. You have answered my question, thanks. Regards Mercman <><