Hanicapped Parking at Hershey

I am entering a show car at Hershey on Saturday and my parents want to attend but I can't take them both in because of inadequate room in the vehicle. They can't walk the long distance from the parking lots. Is there any handicapped parking areas around the Arena. I would really like for them to attend. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Guest Hal Davis (MODEL A HAL)

I can believe that a handicapped person could ride a motorcycle. I've done it myself. After a pretty bad motorcycle wreck, my bike recovered quicker than I did. I picked up my bike from the repair shop an rode it home with a cast on my leg. My wife followed with my crutches in the car. Shifting was not easy, but possible with my heel. I had to make dang sure that I leaned to right when coming to a stop.

This injury aggrivated an old injury, and arthritis has set in pretty good on this ankle. There are days when I cannot walk long distances, but can still shift my bike.

I have never had handicapped plates for my bike, but maybe one day? I look for my ankle to get worse as I get older (and fatter).

P.S.

I once saw a guy with a "side car" contraption rigged to his motorcycle that he could drive his wheelchair up onto and lock in place. He had a steering wheel linked to the handlebars.

Anonymous...

Sorry that two respondants above totally ignored your request for information. Happens from time-to-time.

ronbarn is correct about shuttle busses. I looked at my copy of the Meet flier, and, they had a "Hotline" phone number that only ran until August 15th.

The Hershey Region has a mailing address, so, I would would try National Headquarters (717-534-1910) and they may have a phone number to Hershey Region, or, a contact.

One thing for sure, your vehicle must be on the show field no later than 10:00 a.m., so, get there early to settle in.

Regards, Peter J.

READ THIS QUICK before someone Deletes it! ????

I would recommend using an UP-TO-DATE handicap PLACARD that hangs from the mirror of a vehicle rather than depending on a license plate. The placard is portable from ANY car to ANY car depending on how many cars u r taking. It is usualy honored at nearly ANY legal parking space and affords even FREE parking at municipal parking (like metered parking).

There is a limited number of handicap parking spaces at the Arena. Please chack with the guards when you arrive. With over 1600 cars registered most of the parking lot is filled with show cars.