Sign in to follow this  
Misterbuickguy

WTB-Dynaflow Front Pump Plate

Looking for good used front pump plate out of a Dynaflow tranny 1957 to 1963. Not sure if earlir years are the same. Typically, this part causes complete unit failure.  Many times, the front pump gouges out the front of the pump plate for a variety of reasons. The one from my transmission has a slight gouge. I don't want to take a chance and put it in. So hoping for a nice used one.  Thanks everyone!!

look up restorationhydramatics.com, gene is one of the most experienced and educated older automatic transmission rebuilder and restorer that i know of. his phone number is listed on his website.

… also go and buy a couple used dynaflows for spare parts ….. be glad you did  … make one good one out of three ….  Also be aware that more than a few of today's  transmission rebuilders are gasket and goo artists and with older transmissions many really don't know what to look for or how to spec out critical clearances and run outs on parts and I have seen where many do not perform pre and post rebuild psi tests ... first to determine the status quo of the pre build components and system as a whole which many time helps to pinpoint trouble areas and lastly the post build psi tests to determine if all components and systems are functioning as they should as these tests are absolutely critical for dynaflows because they are basically fluid couplers with pumps and turbines …..

Edited by buick man (see edit history)
  • Like 1