1954 chrysler armrest removal

skyler

i asked this on the Chrysler forum but got no answer. the armrest on this car is attatched to the door somehow, but separate from the door panel. no screws or bolts underside of the armrest. i have tried pushing, pulling, up down, back and forth with no apparent movement. the guy doing my seats said to cut it open to find out how it is attatched. not sure i want to do that, but it seems like the only way. i hope someone knows this secret.  thanks,    dennis

thanks for the answers, but it is a one piece armrest, no center pull/cup,so no screws visible. also, it is definitely not attatched to the door panel but somehow connected to the door. i have the door panel loosened and it moves separate from the armrest. this is a mystery. how did they install it? so far i have pushed and pulled in every direction with great force and it does not move. i was told to cut open the fabric to see how it is installed. an old time upholsterer would know the answer to this.  i will post when i find the trick.   dennis