Please help identify 1988 mystery plug

AZVET

I recently replaced my intake manifold gasket and the job went well.  Time consuming but well.

The last of the new and used parts are here and the last bunch of visiting relatives left so I figured I would plug everything in, bolt on the new parts and fire her up.  

As I was about ready to put the clamps on both ends of the air intake tube I noticed this plug.  Where does it go?  I cannot find its home.  I will look at my assembly manual but I know from past experience that this process can take hours.  Any help will be much appreciated.

I also need to buy a new spring clip for one of the throttle cables that went "ping" and flew off to Davy Jones car parts locker.

DSCF2368.JPG

Edited by AZVET (see edit history)

I looked back at old pics of my engine and realized this plug goes to my EGR.  I have a new cover coming to replace my old broken one so I did not realize what I had missed by not plugging it in yet.

An observation:  There is a mystery place at the driver's side of the engine where bolts, nuts, clips and tools drop off and are never found again.  I'm sure that some day in the future a wrecking yard will find all these items and wonder what the heck was going on.

Couple of more pics from the job:

DSCF2351.JPG

DSCF2354.JPG

DSCF2355.JPG