NC68Riviera

Car Trailer Size Recommendations

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, pyntre said:

When did this thread become another punching bag session on judging a car ,,,

think the title is about car trailer size recommendations.... geez

 

So True.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Given two cars and everthing else equal, a driven car would get my vote over a trailered car.

Concur.  Because being driven is the car's raison d'etre, n'est-ce pas?

 

IMHO, any post-war car that can't be driven 300 miles is still short of the mark.  And like it or not, the tow vehicle is often worth more than the car it's hauling.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RivNut said:

Foretold is forewarned.  There's a box on the dash card for each car entered in  the ROA meet that you need to check off if you trailered your car.  Voters can take that into consideration when voting their choice. 🤔

 

So partaking in the rallye would not offset any implicit deductions from trailering?  Also from NC and also planning to trailer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hans3 said:

So partaking in the rallye would not offset any implicit deductions from trailering?  Also from NC and also planning to trailer.

IIRC, ROA meets have peer judging with no defined deductions.  IOW, you vote for the cars you like best for whatever reasons you deem important.  That is, if you want to deduct points from everyone who drove to the meet, you can do that. ;) 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drop the car off 3 blocks from the event and drive it through the gates ,,, problem solved !!  Or are the mattress tag police squad going to be there to give you a ticket ??? 

Find something else to worry about people 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pyntre said:

Drop the car off 3 blocks from the event and drive it through the gates ,,, problem solved !!

 

Or not. Don't some shows require that all cars be driven on to the show field?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:06 PM, Hans3 said:

Nice ride.  What size steel ramps and do they slide underneath?  Trailer tires look a tad underinflated, even with the load.

5' ramps. Yes they slide into the rear of the trailer. Tires were underinflated. Fixing that now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:22 PM, KongaMan said:

 

Or not. Don't some shows require that all cars be driven on to the show field?

We plan on driving the car to the show area and around town when we get there.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:11 PM, KongaMan said:

Concur.  Because being driven is the car's raison d'etre, n'est-ce pas?

 

IMHO, any post-war car that can't be driven 300 miles is still short of the mark.  And like it or not, the tow vehicle is often worth more than the car it's hauling.

If I had my choice I would drive the car from NC to PA and back again, but my wife is skittish on this notion. Gotta make Mama happy!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 6:40 PM, NC68Riviera said:

The Aqua Zephyr is perched on our new Rice Trailers 20' dove tail car hauler trailer. I drove the Riviera and my wife drove the Silverado to Elizabethtown, NC to talk to the local fire captain who also has a trailer business. This guy was one of the most pleasant business owners I have ever dealt with. 

20190105_141442.thumb.jpg.79ced5bbd3288d03dabd0d531f40123d.jpg

This shot is after we got the car and trailer home today and started removing the ratchet straps. We plan on trailering the car to this year's ROA annual meet at Gettysburg.

Hope to see you other Riviera owners there!

 

That is a very nice looking car! Really like the color!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, NC68Riviera said:

If I had my choice I would drive the car from NC to PA and back again, but my wife is skittish on this notion. Gotta make Mama happy!

If I were you I would do what ever the hell you want to do... I bet you get lots of thumbs up along the way regardless if you are pulling it or driving it. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now