Retired w/Reatta

Tonneau Cover

Last week I was raising the top on my convertible and as I pushed back on the tonneau cover to lock it into place I heard a loud crack!  The tonneau would not stay up by itself but I was able to manage it all by turning my back on it and holding it up with my shoulder.  I looked inside where the hinges and the lock mechanism are and found a piece of broken plastic.  I've shone a flashlight in there and felt around with my hand and can't figure out where this piece of plastic broke from.

What did I do and how do I fix it?  :huh:Thanks,

S.

IMG_2490.JPG

IMG_2480.JPG

Jim Finn's son makes them. I'm not sure what you call it or how to replace it as mine has not broken yet, but they are available. Contact Jim.

I just wanted to finish up this thread:

I did get a clip from Jim and it did not take very long to install.  I'm sorry I didn't take a photo first (not like me) but it was exactly the same as the original.  Jim's son makes these on a 3D printer, pretty amazing!  And now my tonneau stays up the way it should.

I gotta say I am in awe and am so grateful to people who take the time, and have the expertise, to make "unobtainable" (as per Padgett) parts for our Reattas.   Thank you.  I won't name names because I'll probably forget someone and offend them and/or offend someone else by including someone.  And we've been so nice to each other lately.  

Anyway, even though I'm more of a lurker than a contributor, it's nice to be a member of this group.

Stanley

IMG_2447.JPG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Retired w/Reatta said:

....even though I'm more of a lurker than a contributor, it's nice to be a member of this group.

Stanley

Ditto for me, also....great bunch of very helpful folks.

• Like 2