Arkopolis

1940 Historical Chrysler photo

Thanks in advance for help on this.

My family had a Chrysler-Plymouth dealership from 1926 through 1969 and when I was going through my dad's storage space after he died, I found this photo. I suspect it may have been a promotional shot that the corporation sent him. On the back, it's marked "Eugene White 2-29-1940." Does anybody have an idea of what it might be a photo of and of the make and model of the Chrysler pictured?

IMG_6313.jpg

IMG_6315.jpg

IMG_6314.jpg

Thanks to your lead, kaiser31, I was able to find this other photo online of the car and King and Queen riding up the West Side Highway in New York.

https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2013/11/the-1939-new-york-worlds-fair/100620/#img16

Scroll down to photo 16.

The photo I posted is from their visit to the World's Fair in Queens.

Thanks again for your help!

Edited by Arkopolis (see edit history)
  • Like 1

The car shown in the link (post #4) to the 1939 New York World's Fair is a 1938 Cadillac V16 Series 90 convertible sedan.  Two of these custom built Cadillacs were built for the White House.

Fair a.jpg

Just now, keiser31 said:

Sure does look like the same car to me.

The window configuration looks different in the rear quarters, rear doors, and  divider - as in I do not see any glass windows - different color too via car and interior (perhaps they made more than one or perhaps car was reconfigured) ?

I see by the rear seat photos, you are correct at least about roll up style windows.

5 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

I see by the rear seat photos, you are correct at least about roll up style windows.

Maybe the windows are more side curtain style via having some sort of post that goes into a hole in the door ?

• Like 1

Sort of what I was thinking as the rear door would not hold a roll up door that large.